Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Netbooks

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 6, 2010 7:16:31 PM

I need a small computer for traveling. Just need to check mail, pay bills and surf a little bit. Do all notebooks employ SSDs? Seems ;lie this would be preferable for weight savings, but are there any serious disadvantages with SSD given what I plan to use the netback for?

More about : netbooks

Best solution

a b D Laptop
March 6, 2010 9:00:16 PM

Do you mean netbook or notebook? Higher end notebooks utilize SSD's these days, but I'm not sure which brands of netbooks use SSD's. Whatever the case is, there really is not disadvantage to an SSD, as they perform better than a standard HDD and last longer (in theory).
March 6, 2010 11:35:15 PM

They just tend to be smaller in capacity (not a real factor in a netbook) and cost more.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2010 11:47:57 PM

check out Asus netbooks.
m
l
March 14, 2010 7:11:08 PM

viking65 said:
I need a small computer for traveling. Just need to check mail, pay bills and surf a little bit. Do all notebooks employ SSDs? Seems ;lie this would be preferable for weight savings, but are there any serious disadvantages with SSD given what I plan to use the netback for?

Thanks for the replies folks, maybe I should have checked the spelling before I posted. Yes, it is a netbook that I was interested in, mainly for the size and convenience.
m
l
March 14, 2010 7:12:41 PM

Best answer selected by viking65.
m
l
!