wtb: motherboard for gx270

Sasha

hi
my system is out of warranty already and while removing cpu i
accendently broke retantion which holds cpu hetasink. does anyone know
where can I find replacement part or bad or good board so I could
either replace that retention or replace motherboard? dell wants too
much for new board.

thanks

"Sasha" <sashka@softhome.net> wrote in message
> hi
> my system is out of warranty already and while removing cpu i
> accendently broke retantion which holds cpu hetasink. does anyone know
> where can I find replacement part or bad or good board so I could
> either replace that retention or replace motherboard? dell wants too
> much for new board.
>
> thanks

small form factor, mid-size, or mini-tower?

If you can find the retention bracket separately, replacing it is a minor amount
of surgery. Dell would not sell the part separately, so your best option would
be to find maybe a blown out board from which the bracket can be removed.

I have a Dell Pentium 4 GX-series board here with mounting bracket. I have not
tested the board, but the bracket is whole. If you have a photo of the bracket
in your system, and the bracket matches yours, I'll sell it to you for much less
than a whole replacement board.

The alternative would be to use a more standard retention bracket and install a
standard heat sink/fan. But the system chassis may not have enough clearance to
handle the standard stuff... Ben Myers