DNS issues

I have had my 8400 for about a week now. When I first configured the
interternet connection and logged on for the first time I watched the
connectin go through but I recieved a Cannot display page DNS error page. I
was going to the Dell default loaded home page www.Dell4me.com I was able to
eventually log onto this page set up an account but I always get the DNS
error page I have been unsucessful at figureing out the problem. It only
happens when I try to log onto the the above page or the Myway.com page. I
have had no other problems with other pages than this one. Anyone else? I
like this as a home page do to minimal advertising pretty simple format
also.

Charlie

Use Windows Explorer to search your C drive for a file called "hosts" (no
quotes). If you find the file (named hosts, no extension such as hosts.sam)
open it in notepad and see if it has entries for the sites you're having a
problem with. If it does delete them. Do a Google search if you want to know
what the hosts file does.

"Michael P. Bassler" <texbaz@airmail.net> wrote in message
> I have had my 8400 for about a week now. When I first configured the
> interternet connection and logged on for the first time I watched the
> connectin go through but I recieved a Cannot display page DNS error page.
> was going to the Dell default loaded home page www.Dell4me.com I was able
> eventually log onto this page set up an account but I always get the DNS
> error page I have been unsucessful at figureing out the problem. It only
> happens when I try to log onto the the above page or the Myway.com page. I
> have had no other problems with other pages than this one. Anyone else? I
> like this as a home page do to minimal advertising pretty simple format
> also.

The hosts file is hidden or a system file, or both. Before doing the search,
the OP needs to make sure that hidden and system files can be viewed. While
monkeying with the file properties, it is a good idea to change the dumb and
dumber Windows default to view file extensions, too... Ben Myers