jay

When I click on certain items I get Debug Assertion Failed message, and have
to click "ignore" twice to carry on. What does it mean & can I get rid of
this?
--
jj

Jay,
Provide more specific details. This current post is too general.
In what program are you "clicking"? Give exact name of program, or if
perhaps it is on your Desktop, or in your browser. Plus what is it that
it's supposed to do.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"jay" wrote

=?Utf-8?B?amF5?= <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>When I click on certain items I get Debug Assertion Failed message, and have
>to click "ignore" twice to carry on. What does it mean & can I get rid of
>this?

This means that the programmer who wrote some line of code somewhere
in the millions of lines of code thought "This could not possibly
ever fail, but what the heck, I'll check and if it fails here on
my desk I'll know what to look at" BUT did not bother to make the
message detailed and specific enough that you can tell what program
failed or why.

Unfortunately, you probably need to try to figure out which program
it is that is failing and has this message in it, and try to contact
the folks who provided the program.

Sorry

Decades ago I spent the better part of a decade working on a team
that did a huge software project. We put hundreds of those checks
into the software. But each message told exactly what line failed
in exactly what file. And the manual told the customers that if
they EVER saw such a message to call me on the phone. With that
information, from thousands of miles away, I could tell exactly
what variable had been checked and failed. From that I could then
beat the system to death until I was able to reproduce and fix our
mistake. About one customer a year would see one of these and I
found and fixed each one.