BSD launch ball button

Hello,

I ordered a launch button from MadAmusements for my BSD. Now I want to
install it but I must do something wrong :(

When I insert the white switch into the button, after a few launches the
white switch moves backwards and you can't launch any balls anymore because
it doesn't touch the contact anymore.

What is the correct way to assemble this ? I thought it was very easy by
just inserting it but there must be a trick I'm missing here.

Thanks,

-Peter

munch

I ordered the same type of launch ball button for my AFM from
Madamusements and had the same problem(after a few pushes the switch
would work it's way out of the socket.

I realized that the switch needs to be pushed into the socket HARD!!

I thought I would break it pushing it in but it "clicked" into the
socket and since then all is well.

It is a NOS part so there shoulden't be any issues with it....it just
needs to be puched in harder.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had the same problem so I transferred the old part to the new red
lense. Old one snapped together tight. The new one I bought from Mike
did not. In my case, only the red lense is what I really needed to
repl.

Rob

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

I had the exact problem, same thing with his start button for the BSD.
I thought what the heck is going on here? I must have spent 30 minutes
on it. I tried super glue and still nothing. I think his button is
missing a knotch or whoever make the product has it out of spec. I
ended up using a zip tie and a couple existing screws already in the
cab to hold it in. 4 months later and over 100 games no problems.
Hated to "rig it" but I had no other source for the button and could
not figure it out.

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

Yea I can do that. It will be later this evening. It took a little
patience but really about 10 minutes and it was fully working. I
figured my BSD is a 8.5-9/10 so its not a collector grade and never
will be so whats the harm when I never plan to sell it and hey, it
works fine.

Those buttons are a bit tricky - At first it seems like they are seated
in place, but really I have found that they are often misleading. You
really have to push them in there untill the switch clicks in place, it
seems like it might break or not go to gether, but mine just required a
bit of force.

Make sure it really is put together properly before you go and rig it
up. :)

-cAyle

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

I totally agree. I am NOT a fan or support "rigging" in any way. I
just ran out of options and from sheer frustration I saw no other
option. Now that I have it "rigged" I probably wont "unrig" it until I
finish shopping my 7 pins I just picked up. Then i will give it
another look but man, I remember pushing on it really really hard and
it did nothing. It would come back out once I hit the button to launch
the ball. I tried the old one and it locked in with relative ease
which lead me to believe something was not right with the one I
received.

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

No I did not report it to him. I did the BIN on Ebay about 4 months
back for it and the start button. I just figured the hassle was not
worth it.

Peter when i took my old one out, I thought it would be really easy as
well. But all the parts that were in the old one came with the new one
So I dont EXACTLY know why it wont work. I just know it wont for me.
I pushed so hard my wife said I had better stop or it will break. So I
really dont know what else to do. Probably let it go since it works
just fine as is.

I encountered the same situation on my AFM. The new button required a
surprising amount of force to make it click in place.

Have either of you guys reported this problem to Mike? Maybe he can
contact his supplier and get it fixed. I bought one of these but am
waiting on a playfield restore before installing and testing.

Hi,

How did you use a zip tie on that spot?
Would it be possible to send me a picture ;)

Thanks,

-Peter

"BlackTiger" <caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had the exact problem, same thing with his start button for the BSD.
> I thought what the heck is going on here? I must have spent 30 minutes
> on it. I tried super glue and still nothing. I think his button is
> missing a knotch or whoever make the product has it out of spec. I
> ended up using a zip tie and a couple existing screws already in the
> cab to hold it in. 4 months later and over 100 games no problems.
> Hated to "rig it" but I had no other source for the button and could
> not figure it out.

Does the switch have to click underneath something ? Do I need additional
parts beside the button, buttonscrew and white switch?
I mean I put it in gently and it fits.. and then I'm supposed to push hard
???

And this looked like an easy thing to do ;)

-Peter

"Cayle George" <caylegeorge@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Those buttons are a bit tricky - At first it seems like they are seated
> in place, but really I have found that they are often misleading. You
> really have to push them in there untill the switch clicks in place, it
> seems like it might break or not go to gether, but mine just required a
> bit of force.
>
> Make sure it really is put together properly before you go and rig it
> up. :)
>
> -cAyle

Yes.. I contacted Mike but didn't get a reply yet.

-Peter

"Kenbo" <Kenbo@NOqsolvJUNKMAIL.com> wrote in message
> Have either of you guys reported this problem to Mike? Maybe he can
> contact his supplier and get it fixed. I bought one of these but am
> waiting on a playfield restore before installing and testing.

Is the white circle on the front of the switch supposed to click behind the
black edges inside the button ?

"Munch" <bpinkham@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I ordered the same type of launch ball button for my AFM from
> Madamusements and had the same problem(after a few pushes the switch
> would work it's way out of the socket.
>
> I realized that the switch needs to be pushed into the socket HARD!!
>
> I thought I would break it pushing it in but it "clicked" into the
> socket and since then all is well.
>
> It is a NOS part so there shoulden't be any issues with it....it just
> needs to be puched in harder.

as a note.
there are 2 types of these buttons now.
first has to be pushed straight in HARD.
second has a turn and lock type switch.

they do not mix.
timathie
"Rob" <rvh301@aol.com> wrote in message
>I had the same problem so I transferred the old part to the new red
> lense. Old one snapped together tight. The new one I bought from Mike
> did not. In my case, only the red lense is what I really needed to
> repl.
>
> Rob

I got this reply from Mike:

>>You have to push the white switch with the bulb very
>>firmly, it will snap and click into place.

I'll try this later today and let you know the results ;)

"Kenbo" <Kenbo@NOqsolvJUNKMAIL.com> wrote in message
> Have either of you guys reported this problem to Mike? Maybe he can
> contact his supplier and get it fixed. I bought one of these but am
> waiting on a playfield restore before installing and testing.

I pushed the switch real hard until I heard a click. It is working fine now.

Thanks to everyone for the response.

Best regards,

-Peter