I gave an old friend my old ibm computer and it was working fine. they were
too eager to try all the bells and wistles and ended up changing the
resolution to too high a level endeing in a garbled screen. Thats not the
end of it. they then asked another friend to fix it. They tried to reinstall
windows (dumb) and they said it wouldn't work so they took the hard drive
out and put it in their other computer and formatted it there. and
reinstalled windows there. it worked on their other computer but when they
put it back windows would not work. I know windows cannot be transferred to
another computer but thats not the end of it. they reformatted the hard
drive, again in the other computer nd tried to put in back in the old
computer to reinstall windows. now they say the the old IBM computer will
not accept the install disk and allways says please remove all disks, it
will not let them boot from the windows disk. they told me they used the
BIOS to resence the drive and as well changed the boot sequence to allow CD
Roms first then the A drive then the Hard drive. This is very puzzeling

Please help.

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

And it should be puzzling but very understandable for the way this story has
unfolded. It's unfortunate for you that your 'friend' are so ignorant of
what to do because that creates a pretty frustrating scenerio. You would be
better off telling your friend to take the computer to a shop to sort out
the problems unless you don't mind many contacts from him/her.
The basic idea here is that they should do a clean install of the OS, and
for that to happen they need to change the boot order in the bios to allow
the CD-ROM to be first in the boot order. Second boot device should be the
hdd.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net