Presario 1800T BIOS

Anyone have a copy of the latest BIOS or any infoo?

The one available on the Compaq site won't update on my computer. I
get:

PhoenixPlash Error
"File does not conform to same BIOS part number
Press any key to reboot

I suspect file on Compaq is the wrong file. I've contacted Tech Support
and they are unable to help.

Thanks in advance.

--
joemsosa

Ah, something for me to still comment about.....here's my "infoo"...

You didn't ask, but I have some advice for you. Don't do a BIOS flash of any
type unless you have an over whelming need for a fix that the BIOS update
states it fixes.
If the BIOS update flash fails, it may leave your unit unable to boot and
useless. Sounds like you are lucky that didn't happen.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to All

Dale