Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pinball Warehouse Fridley, MN Updated Sale List July 16th ..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:19:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Here's a few more games we've added to the list for this weekends sale.
6 million dollar man $300. ,
Rock $250 ,
Hardbody $200 ,
Flash $250 ,
Wyld Fire $200 ,
Magic $200 ,
Swing Along $250 ,
Bram Stokers Dracula $900 (domestic with no fade) ,
Vids:
Karate Champ $200 working,
Golden Tee 99 25'' cabinet $250,
Golden Tee 2K 25'' cabinet $250,
Golden Tee 3/D 25'' cabinet $250 ,
(All three are working).
Defender Cocktail working $400,
Defender Cocktail (Garbage on the Screen)$200,
Ms. Pac Cocktail working $500,
Taito Space Invaders Color Cocktail working $200,
Mega Zone Cocktail $100 ,
Joust Cocktail (very nice control panels and cabinet..working)$500.,

Sale starts at 10am sharp Saturday!



Here's a partial list of as-is games for sale. The list will be
updated later this week.
big game 250.,
lost world 200.,
paragon 300.,
strikes and spares 250.,
elektra (2) 425.,
countdown 200.,
close encounters 200.,
counterforce 200.,
totem 200.,
lectranomo 200.,
laser war 500.,
baywatch 800.,
hot doggin (2) 150, 250.,
wild fire 200.,
no fear U.S. fade, works 900.,
spanish eyes 250.,
big deal 250.,
black jack 500.,
alien poker 400
volcano 250.,
stars (2) 200.,
hard body 200.,
operation thunder 500.,
tx sector 450.,
free fall 250.,
street fighter 2 (2) 650.,
gladiaters (5) 650, all 5 550 ea.,
wipeout (2) 650.,
barb wire 800.,
water world 650
x's & o's 400.,
arena 250.,
centepede ct working 325.,
galaga mini or UR working 425.,
All sales final, cash & carry only.
No credit cards or checks.
All listed games will be avaliable on sat,NO PRESALE to keep it fair
for all. Open at 10 am.
8290 n.e. main st.
Fridley, MN 55432
Phone calls OK, emails may not be answered 763-784-7279 Al.
www.pinballwarehouse.com Map avaliable on web site.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 7:15:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Theres the No Fear I want to buy, for 3 or 4 hundred less than I want
to spend... only 800 miles away! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Why doesn't this ever
happen near Cleveland!??
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 12:14:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I'm going in the morning... I'll let you know how things look.

Terry.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:51:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There are some GREAT prices here for both vid and pin!
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 4:57:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I got the Close Encounters, Totem, and the Countdown. I'll post pics
when I unload them.....it's 97, too friggin hot to do it now.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 5:06:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I bought 7 games. AL throws a bitchen sale! He kept it fair for all,
definantly needed to get there early though.

zTim
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:03:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Yeah, earlier would have helped... My buddy wanted the Strikes and
Spares, missed it by seconds.

Terry.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:31:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Heck - everybody there missed something by seconds. That sale was a
bloodbath! I got there at 9 and was 6th in line at the door. It was a
long hour in the sun waiting to get in. When the door opened at 10, 2/3
of the machines were gone before I even walked in the door. I realized
that the people in front couldn't be everywhere at once and hightailed
it to the back row. I think the entire sale (well, at least the
interesting stuff) was gone in under 30 seconds. Crazy but fun!

The stuff I went in hoping to get:

1) Alien Poker
2) Paragon
3) The Sys1's

What I -actually- ended up with..

1) Flash ($250)
2) Elektra ($400)

The Flash is going to be a pretty nice machine with some love - there is
very little wear and the playfield is going to respond -very- well to a
magic eraser + treasure cove polishing kit. It fired right up and
worked almost perfectly. One kicker was stuck on - but a quick TIP102
replacement took care of that. The worst part of the restoration will
be the cabinet - somebody bashed a hole in the bottom (didn't see that)
and the head needs some touch-up.

The Elektra, on the other hand, is still a mystery. I got pretty
unlucky on the MPU - it's acid *torched*. Ugh. The playfield is in
pretty nice shape and it appears complete - but needs two parts: one of
the mini red flipper bats in the lower playfield and one plastic (the
center one at the front of the top). The bugger is that there were two
of them - looks like I grabbed the wrong one. Ack.

My thoughts after the sale?

1) I wish I would have pre-scouted the sale
2) I wish I would have got there earlier (BTW - how early did the
earliest people get there?)
3) NOBODY loves Gottlieb Sys 3s! I don't think any of those sold - and
they looked pretty nice.
4) I came really close to buying the $900 No Fear - but the cabinet was
delaminating pretty bad in one corner. That creeped me out..
5) The $900 BSD looked pretty nice - but all of those machines had their
BG's down and were shrink wrapped. It's pretty hard to judge a machine
in that state!

Good sale Al..

-Mark.

In article <1121572990.962136.150290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
tschw10117@aol.com says...
> Yeah, earlier would have helped... My buddy wanted the Strikes and
> Spares, missed it by seconds.
>
> Terry.
>
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 11:15:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

My wife went there for me, since I was out of town. She got there at
7:30, and was there an hour before anyone else showed up......I know,
she's nuts. She got the 3 I wanted ( Close Encounters, Totem, and
Countdown). Al was nice enough to let her in to show her where they
were on Wednesday last week.

Maybe this should be a new thread "Does your wife support your
hobbie?"

Thanks Al, it was fun!!
July 18, 2005 7:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I saw your wife. She was talking about how she waited in line for hours
just the night before to get Harry Potter. She's rather dedicated!

My wife must support my hobby. She (and my father) went and stood in line
with me. In fact, when I told her I was thinking of buying two, she asked
me if I'd regret not getting 3. :) 

Though, that was before she realized that they were not working machines. I
thought that she understood that they all needed work. She was somewhat
dissapointed when we got 'em home and none of them worked. Whoops!

We got there about 9AM, and were 5th in line. Each of the three of us had a
machine that we were responsible for securing, and we got all three in about
20 seconds.

We grabbed Big Game, Counterforce, and Rock.

None of them worked at first. I packed away Counterforce and Rock in the
garage, but I set up Big Game to work on. While testing some points, I
wiggled one of the connectors, and now the game plays. Though, it still
needs work.

Ed

"arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1121696140.801944.225910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> My wife went there for me, since I was out of town. She got there at
> 7:30, and was there an hour before anyone else showed up......I know,
> she's nuts. She got the 3 I wanted ( Close Encounters, Totem, and
> Countdown). Al was nice enough to let her in to show her where they
> were on Wednesday last week.
>
> Maybe this should be a new thread "Does your wife support your
> hobbie?"
>
> Thanks Al, it was fun!!
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:58:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Heh - I saw your wife, too.. Orange cateye sunglasses, right? I wasn't
right behind you - but I was right behind the people behind you. Was it
your dad that got the Paragon? That was a pretty nice machine..

My wife was pretty supportive of the buying trip also - she knew they
were going to be junkers but also knows how much fun I have
rehabilitating them.

I'm also interested to hear that you went 1 for 3 on working machines.
Between my Flash and Elektra I hit 50% - Flash just needed a TIP102 on
the driver board to fix a stuck kicker and a little drop target
adjustment.

My Elektra is going to take a new -35 board before it lives again.. :( 
On the bright side, That's going to be about it..

How did everyone else do as far as how their machines worked?

-Mark.

In article <0lQCe.1171$Ra.5914@news7.onvoy.net>,
emandy@REMOVETHIStriticom.com says...
> I saw your wife. She was talking about how she waited in line for hours
> just the night before to get Harry Potter. She's rather dedicated!
>
> My wife must support my hobby. She (and my father) went and stood in line
> with me. In fact, when I told her I was thinking of buying two, she asked
> me if I'd regret not getting 3. :) 
>
> Though, that was before she realized that they were not working machines. I
> thought that she understood that they all needed work. She was somewhat
> dissapointed when we got 'em home and none of them worked. Whoops!
>
> We got there about 9AM, and were 5th in line. Each of the three of us had a
> machine that we were responsible for securing, and we got all three in about
> 20 seconds.
>
> We grabbed Big Game, Counterforce, and Rock.
>
> None of them worked at first. I packed away Counterforce and Rock in the
> garage, but I set up Big Game to work on. While testing some points, I
> wiggled one of the connectors, and now the game plays. Though, it still
> needs work.
>
> Ed
>
> "arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1121696140.801944.225910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > My wife went there for me, since I was out of town. She got there at
> > 7:30, and was there an hour before anyone else showed up......I know,
> > she's nuts. She got the 3 I wanted ( Close Encounters, Totem, and
> > Countdown). Al was nice enough to let her in to show her where they
> > were on Wednesday last week.
> >
> > Maybe this should be a new thread "Does your wife support your
> > hobbie?"
> >
> > Thanks Al, it was fun!!
> >
>
>
>
July 18, 2005 10:39:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hmmm, I don't recall what eyewhere she had. I think that you only had 2
women to choose from, and if you arrived at 9, I'm sure you were very close
behind us.

We did not get Paragon. My dad grabbed Counterforce. I picked 3 machines
that were $250 or less and that were in good cosmetic condition. I had gone
there on Wed to look 'em all over. I was pleasantly surprised that we got
my 3 picks so easily. There were probablly other machines that were worth
more and more collectible, but I focused more on cost and condition and put
a bit of weight on machines that were "different." I figured that
Counterforce and Rock would be interesting to play.

As far as working percentage goes, I guess it all depends on the definition
of working. Big Game is playable with no modification.

Counterforce showed good +5V and +12V LEDs, but the game didn't actually
power up. I'm betting on bad connectors.

Rock's score displays lit up, but that was about all that happened.

To say that only 1 of the 3 worked is a bit unfair, because that one is the
only one that I actually started to troubleshoot. I am guessing that it
won't take much work to get another one working. Then, I am betting that my
luck will run out.

Ed

"Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d45a4475f3369799896b6@offnetwork-news.visi.com...
> Heh - I saw your wife, too.. Orange cateye sunglasses, right? I wasn't
> right behind you - but I was right behind the people behind you. Was it
> your dad that got the Paragon? That was a pretty nice machine..
>
> My wife was pretty supportive of the buying trip also - she knew they
> were going to be junkers but also knows how much fun I have
> rehabilitating them.
>
> I'm also interested to hear that you went 1 for 3 on working machines.
> Between my Flash and Elektra I hit 50% - Flash just needed a TIP102 on
> the driver board to fix a stuck kicker and a little drop target
> adjustment.
>
> My Elektra is going to take a new -35 board before it lives again.. :( 
> On the bright side, That's going to be about it..
>
> How did everyone else do as far as how their machines worked?
>
> -Mark.
>
> In article <0lQCe.1171$Ra.5914@news7.onvoy.net>,
> emandy@REMOVETHIStriticom.com says...
>> I saw your wife. She was talking about how she waited in line for hours
>> just the night before to get Harry Potter. She's rather dedicated!
>>
>> My wife must support my hobby. She (and my father) went and stood in
>> line
>> with me. In fact, when I told her I was thinking of buying two, she
>> asked
>> me if I'd regret not getting 3. :) 
>>
>> Though, that was before she realized that they were not working machines.
>> I
>> thought that she understood that they all needed work. She was somewhat
>> dissapointed when we got 'em home and none of them worked. Whoops!
>>
>> We got there about 9AM, and were 5th in line. Each of the three of us
>> had a
>> machine that we were responsible for securing, and we got all three in
>> about
>> 20 seconds.
>>
>> We grabbed Big Game, Counterforce, and Rock.
>>
>> None of them worked at first. I packed away Counterforce and Rock in the
>> garage, but I set up Big Game to work on. While testing some points, I
>> wiggled one of the connectors, and now the game plays. Though, it still
>> needs work.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> "arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1121696140.801944.225910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> > My wife went there for me, since I was out of town. She got there at
>> > 7:30, and was there an hour before anyone else showed up......I know,
>> > she's nuts. She got the 3 I wanted ( Close Encounters, Totem, and
>> > Countdown). Al was nice enough to let her in to show her where they
>> > were on Wednesday last week.
>> >
>> > Maybe this should be a new thread "Does your wife support your
>> > hobbie?"
>> >
>> > Thanks Al, it was fun!!
>> >
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:19:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi Mark,

I was the guy who got the Paragon, it needed the usual rectifier board
and connectors rebuilt, one display repaired but it works very nice
now. Has playfield wear.
One of the 6 Mil $ man games worked the other has a bad MPU, solenoid
driver, and the rectifier board /connectors issue.
Free Fall needs an MPU and the rectifier/ connectors.
X's & O's needed a bridge.
Haven't gotten to Strikes and Spares or Lost World.
All of the games I bought have very nice backglasses, Free Fall needs a
little touch up.

I had an Elektra before, gotta be 300 lamps in that one. It has speech
but doesn't talk much at all durring game play. The sound on that one
leaves something to be desired also. At that price you can't go wrong
though, I was close to picking up the other but passed and now i'm in
the process of kicking myself (LOL).

zTim
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:19:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi Mark,

I was the guy who got the Paragon, it needed the usual rectifier board
and connectors rebuilt, one display repaired but it works very nice
now. Has playfield wear.
One of the 6 Mil $ man games worked the other has a bad MPU, solenoid
driver, and the rectifier board /connectors issue.
Free Fall needs an MPU and the rectifier/ connectors.
X's & O's needed a bridge.
Haven't gotten to Strikes and Spares or Lost World.
All of the games I bought have very nice backglasses, Free Fall needs a
little touch up.

I had an Elektra before, gotta be 300 lamps in that one. It has speech
but doesn't talk much at all durring game play. The sound on that one
leaves something to be desired also. At that price you can't go wrong
though, I was close to picking up the other but passed and now i'm in
the process of kicking myself (LOL).

zTim
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:31:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

If you want to turn around the Strikes and Spares, my buddy is still
interested.

Terry.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:41:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Cool stuff.. I was dying to know how all that stuff actually turned out.
It really was a lottery!

I spent a little more time tweaking out the Flash last night. It mostly
needed lots of drop target tweaking (those damn horseshoe clips!). I'm
going to have to replace every flipper coil in the thing to really get
it playing right - the right one barely gets it to the 3-bank. After
that - it's time to strip and polish polish polish..

I'm kicking myself for not buying the other Elektra for parts and making
one awesome one out of the two of them. One had the better playfield,
the other had the better cabinet. *sigh*. No lie on the bulbs - I was
poking around under the PF yesterday - there is a *lot* of them. (NOTE
to self: Order 300 bulbs). On the bright side - I think I found a
replacement for the little red flipper bats. I got nervous seeing all
the requests in r.g.p. for them. Now I just need one plastic for the
upper playfield and a -35 MPU..

Did anybody go back on Sunday? What was left?

-Mark.
PS: Tim, I think I tried calling you about your BK a couple of months
ago - I'm bummed I missed it.


In article <1121786386.888147.67710@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
fredmertz_1@msn.com says...
> Hi Mark,
>
> I was the guy who got the Paragon, it needed the usual rectifier board
> and connectors rebuilt, one display repaired but it works very nice
> now. Has playfield wear.
> One of the 6 Mil $ man games worked the other has a bad MPU, solenoid
> driver, and the rectifier board /connectors issue.
> Free Fall needs an MPU and the rectifier/ connectors.
> X's & O's needed a bridge.
> Haven't gotten to Strikes and Spares or Lost World.
> All of the games I bought have very nice backglasses, Free Fall needs a
> little touch up.
>
> I had an Elektra before, gotta be 300 lamps in that one. It has speech
> but doesn't talk much at all durring game play. The sound on that one
> leaves something to be desired also. At that price you can't go wrong
> though, I was close to picking up the other but passed and now i'm in
> the process of kicking myself (LOL).
>
> zTim
>
>
July 20, 2005 6:00:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I looked at Rock again last night. I had visually inspected the fuses when
I unloaded it, but this time, I actually tested 'em. One of them was bad,
and when I replaced it, Rocked worked.

Well, it's mostly working. It still needs some help. The bottom score
display works when you turn the game on, but it turns off after about 30s.
I also didn't mention before that the machine is missing the translite.

So, I'm 2 of 3, now. I still suspect that Counterforce is a small problem,
but I have yet to look into it.

Ed

"Mark Teskey" <mark.teskey@visi.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d46db30935e0cfc9896b7@offnetwork-news.visi.com...
> Cool stuff.. I was dying to know how all that stuff actually turned out.
> It really was a lottery!
!