FYI 8400 memory

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi,
I just got a xmas gift of 1 gig of dell ram.
Installed it on my new 8400 3.4 1 gig ram Dim.Now its two gigs
I noticed a hefty improvement.
Work with a lot of graphics and web design programs.

Just a heads up in case someone was wondering if it's worth the upgrade.

Happy Holidays to all and Happy New Year

Tony

I did something like that on my year old 8300 and it made a big difference
too. I basically tripled the memory from 512 Mb to 1.5 GB. But I can tell
you the memory on a 8400 is some expensive stuff since it is DDR2. I
believe who ever bought it paid probably close to $250, if not more, for it.

Ron