Limited or No Connectivity

One of the computers on my home network (networked wirelessly) appears to
have lost its LAN connection. When I try to enable it I get a "limited or no
connectivity" message and I am still unable to connect to the Internet. When
I try to "repair", Windows fails to be able to renew my IP address for that
computer. In the "details" dialog box the "default gateway", "DNS server",
and "WINS server" are all blank. I am running XP home. This computer is on
the same network and appears to be working fine.
3 answers Last reply
More about limited connectivity

    Could be corrupt TCP/IP stack , try the command " netsh winsock reset" (only
    with SP2), restart the machine and test, failing that , try
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811259

    OR
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357

    --
    ________
    NIC

    "SJT" wrote:

    > One of the computers on my home network (networked wirelessly) appears to
    > have lost its LAN connection. When I try to enable it I get a "limited or no
    > connectivity" message and I am still unable to connect to the Internet. When
    > I try to "repair", Windows fails to be able to renew my IP address for that
    > computer. In the "details" dialog box the "default gateway", "DNS server",
    > and "WINS server" are all blank. I am running XP home. This computer is on
    > the same network and appears to be working fine.

    I think i might now the problem, your Netwprl wasn't configured right. You
    must install your router and your PC cards for this to work. Windows,
    doesn't help that good, if you try to repair the IP address

    Hope this helps

    SJT Wrote:
    > One of the computers on my home network (networked wirelessly) appears
    > have lost its LAN connection. When I try to enable it I get a "limited
    > or no
    > connectivity" message and I am still unable to connect to the Internet.
    > When
    > I try to "repair", Windows fails to be able to renew my IP address for
    > that
    > computer. In the "details" dialog box the "default gateway", "DNS
    > server",
    > and "WINS server" are all blank. I am running XP home. This computer
    > is on
    > the same network and appears to be working fine.

    What kind of wireless router are you using? Try doing a firmware
    upgrade for it. Also, sometimes there are other interferences that can
    block the wireless signals. For example, cordless phones, microwave
    oven and other hardwares that use the 2.4 frequency.

    --
    Evolution54

Connectivity Windows XP