Computer arrived today - WOW

I replied to another thread about how I ordered on Saturday and the
estimated ship date was January 21 or sooner.

UPS tried to deliver it TODAY.

Two days - now that's fast!

>"joe_tide"

>I replied to another thread about how I ordered on Saturday and the
>estimated ship date was January 21 or sooner.
>
>UPS tried to deliver it TODAY.
>
>Two days - now that's fast!

Dell has been experimenting with using a highly experimental tachyon delivery
system, at least when the computers first leave their factory. Once it is
perfected, UPS will probably license the patent and people will be able to get
their Dell computers delivered the day BEFORE they order them.

--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm

Heh heh. That's pretty good.

Another one just arrived form UPS. What the...?

"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Heh heh. That's pretty good.
>
> Another one just arrived form UPS. What the...?
>
> "Alan S. Wales" <powrwrap@aol.compost> wrote in message
>> >"joe_tide"
>>
>>>I replied to another thread about how I ordered on Saturday and the
>>>estimated ship date was January 21 or sooner.
>>>
>>>UPS tried to deliver it TODAY.
>>>
>>>Two days - now that's fast!
>>
>> Dell has been experimenting with using a highly experimental tachyon
>> delivery
>> system, at least when the computers first leave their factory. Once it is
>> perfected, UPS will probably license the patent and people will be able
>> to get
>> their Dell computers delivered the day BEFORE they order them.

Since a tachyon is a hypothetical particle held to travel only faster than
light, may UPS and Dell prevail!

Leer

Does that mean they will just keep on sending them?

> Does that mean they will just keep on sending them?

If you keep thinking about your order, perhaps so :) Hope you enjoy the new
beast, Joe.

Merry Christmas and RTR!

Stew

I have two of the same thing right now Stew. I hope this stops.

RTR. Have a great Christmas. Keep an eye on your mail box too. ;-)

Joe

>I have two of the same thing right now Stew. I hope this stops.
>
> RTR. Have a great Christmas. Keep an eye on your mail box too. ;-)
>
> Joe

FedEx dropped it off today, Joe. Many, many thanks. It will be hung in his
room and I know he'll enjoy it!

Two 8400's?!?! Good grief man....

What does your current Dell stock look like in the house right now? Got any
old 44XX/45XX systems you need to rid yourself of? :)

Stew

Glad he liked it.

Actually they are 2400's. It was for my Miracle League and is tax exempt,
hence the phone order. All we will do is Office apps and email on it. (I
learned later that you just fax in the organization name & proof of sales
tax exemption status)

As I said, I ordered by phone but never got an email about it. I then
emailed Dell (back & forth) until they sent me FOUR order numbers. Four????

Then I called them and none of them were mine. They were going to Delaware.
The guy on the phone said he didn't have an order from me.

Naturally I re-ordered, but this time on-line. The first one is the one I
originally ordered by telephone and the second one is the one I ordered
on-line.

I never did get a customer number for the first one.

What a mess.

> Glad he liked it.
>
> Actually they are 2400's. It was for my Miracle League and is tax exempt,
> hence the phone order. All we will do is Office apps and email on it. (I
> learned later that you just fax in the organization name & proof of sales
> tax exemption status)
>
> As I said, I ordered by phone but never got an email about it. I then
> emailed Dell (back & forth) until they sent me FOUR order numbers.
> Four????
>
> Then I called them and none of them were mine. They were going to
> Delaware. The guy on the phone said he didn't have an order from me.
>
> Naturally I re-ordered, but this time on-line. The first one is the one I
> originally ordered by telephone and the second one is the one I ordered
> on-line.
>
> I never did get a customer number for the first one.
>
> What a mess.

Boy. That is an understatement....

It's not a good sign when it's so much work just to attempt to give someone
your business. I might've given up and gone with someone else.

Stew

Hi!

> Dell has been experimenting with using a highly experimental tachyon
delivery
> system, at least when the computers first leave their factory. Once it is
> perfected, UPS will probably license the patent and people will be able to
get
> their Dell computers delivered the day BEFORE they order them.

Now that's gonna be cool...to get a computer from Dell a whole day before I
expect it!

:)

William

I called again this afternoonand the girl gave me an RMA number immediately
after I told her what happened. I'm going to drop it off at UPS tomorrow
(assuming they are open).

Alls well that ends well. If it wasn't a 2400 I might have just kept it.
;-)

Dell was very responsive to my problem. They answered the phone almost
immediately and they were very polite and pleasant.