Matt Cygan

Matt Cygan of Kalamazoo Michigan died of cancer on Monday night, Matt was a
great guy and a asset to Pinball. He had owned two arcades during the 70's
and had been fixing and selling games for the last six years. For those of
you that have been to PATZ he has been a vendor since the start. He is
survived by his wife and four kids.

Kevin

Oh, MAN, is that bad news. I thought, and still think, the world of
Matt, and I'm deeply disturbed that his body finally succumbed to the
cancer that he so valiantly fought. I was always glad to see him at
the shows and such, and his love for the silver ball allowed me to grow
in my understanding and respect for the older machines that he so
enjoyed restoring. Great guy, and I know his wife and children must be
devastated. I'll be praying for them.

Kevin, is there a memorial fund set up for them anywhere? I would
certainly like to send something their way.

*Lousy* way to start a weekend. He will be missed, not just for his
love of the game, but for his determined spirit, his optimism, and his
"never say die" attitude. Died with his boots on, he did.

Thank you for letting us know, Kevin. Please let me know about the
memorial fund.

Aron

Although I've never met the man I still heard the stories of his passion
for the silver ball. Please extend my condolences, Kevin. Another sad
loss for the pinball community :(

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

My Gosh i can hardly believe it !! Matt was such a great guy and we spent
countless hours swapping old stories back and forth about our pinball trips
to getting new games. He came here a several times to help me out with a
few of the em. games of mine that he loved the most. You could'nt hardly
get him close to a SS. game, ( other than Monopoly) and thats what i really
admired about it. He loved spending time on my Nip It every chance he could
get and would always show me the "Old School" ways of playing the game while
my jaw was laying on the floor. ;)

Please let his family know that me and everyone here is morning the loss of
one of the greatest pinball legends and wonderful friend. Now i must go
play a tribute game for Matt on the Nip It.

Sincerely,

John And SuAnn Dayhuff

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Although I've never met the man I still heard the stories of his passion
> for the silver ball. Please extend my condolences, Kevin. Another sad
> loss for the pinball community :(
>
> Kevin Ketchum wrote:
> > Matt Cygan of Kalamazoo Michigan died of cancer on Monday night, Matt
was a
> > great guy and a asset to Pinball. He had owned two arcades during the
70's
> > and had been fixing and selling games for the last six years. For those
of
> > you that have been to PATZ he has been a vendor since the start. He is
> > survived by his wife and four kids.
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

FLiPPY

Distinguished
May 18, 2003

I didn't know Matt very well. I only talked to him
at PATZ. He was always very friendly & willing to talk pinball.
My condolences to his family.

In article <11dgqsqfl510k0d@corp.supernews.com>, "Kevin Ketchum" <Kevin@PinballDirect.com> wrote:
>Matt Cygan of Kalamazoo Michigan died of cancer on Monday night, Matt was a
>great guy and a asset to Pinball. He had owned two arcades during the 70's
>and had been fixing and selling games for the last six years. For those of
>you that have been to PATZ he has been a vendor since the start. He is
>survived by his wife and four kids.
>
>Kevin

What a tragedy for everyone who knew Matt. I sincerely feel for his family.
My thoughts and prayers are with them.

For us, we could always count on Matt to bring several games to PATZ every
year. He was always fun to talk with both at PATZ and at Expo. Without Matt
and his EM's, PATZ will never seem the same...

My condolences,
Jeff Giesting

S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/

Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

Thanks Aron, I have some plans to do something's special in memory of Matt
and I will let everyone know after I get it ok'd by his family.

Kevin

"boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh, MAN, is that bad news. I thought, and still think, the world of
> Matt, and I'm deeply disturbed that his body finally succumbed to the
> cancer that he so valiantly fought. I was always glad to see him at
> the shows and such, and his love for the silver ball allowed me to grow
> in my understanding and respect for the older machines that he so
> enjoyed restoring. Great guy, and I know his wife and children must be
> devastated. I'll be praying for them.
>
> Kevin, is there a memorial fund set up for them anywhere? I would
> certainly like to send something their way.
>
> *Lousy* way to start a weekend. He will be missed, not just for his
> love of the game, but for his determined spirit, his optimism, and his
> "never say die" attitude. Died with his boots on, he did.
>
> Thank you for letting us know, Kevin. Please let me know about the
> memorial fund.
>

> Aron

> Matt Cygan of Kalamazoo Michigan died of cancer on Monday night, Matt was
> great guy and a asset to Pinball. He had owned two arcades during the 70's
> and had been fixing and selling games for the last six years. For those of
> you that have been to PATZ he has been a vendor since the start. He is
> survived by his wife and four kids.

My deepest sympathies go out to Matt's family. I only knew Matt for a short
time and was even at his work studio in the old Gibson Guitar factory here
in Kalamazoo.

I will never forget the time he came to one of my pinball parties and played
TZ for the first time.

I for one thought for sure that the cancer had finally gone into remission.
Matt will be sorely missed.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

I haven't kept up with the newsgroup for some time, so my thanks to Walt
R. for sending this info to me.

Matt's passing is very sad news to me. Matt is the one that got me really
involved in pinball repair to begin with. I met him at the first 'Pinball at
the 'Zoo' show. I was new to owning pins; I had just recently bought my
first one. And had read about the new PATZ show on this newsgroup, so I had
to attend. Matt had just bought about 130 (or so) pins from an operator in
Vancouver B.C. and had them shipped to some warehouse space in the old
Gibson Guitar factory in Kalamazoo, so he was in the process of getting back
into the business/hobby in a big way. After we talked for awhile at the show
he offered to take a few of us to his new shop to check out the pins. I was
amazed to see all these 70's and 80's pins stacked two high filling the
room. Matt knew EM's, but was not as familiar with the electronic repair of
SS pins, so I offered to help with the electronic repair. I worked with Matt
quite a few times at his shop and learned a lot from him, but hadn't stayed
in as good of contact with him as I should have over the last few years.
Matt was a great guy and a friend to all. I thought the cancer had gone into
remission. He fought it well. I'll miss him...

Please extend my condolences to his family, Kevin.
My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Brian Prinz