Upgrading

Hey well I have been reading a lot of different posts and I am very amazed at how experienced everyone is with all these mobo's, cpu's and configurations.
Well I wanted to upgrade my old HP running with an Intel i810 mobo and celeron 466mnz.

I am planning to build to systems one for myself and my gaming needs and another for my lil bro and sis (except my lil bro is becoming a young gamer himself following my footsteps)
So for my system I plan to use:
mobo: Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
Cpu: Athlon XP 2800
Cooling: Aero 7+
Ram: Kingston Hyper X PC2700 1Gb (2X512)DDR 333 CAS (2-2-2-5-1T)
Video Card: ?

I am going to strip my 40 gig hard drive from the system I have the sony cd-rw (52x-12x-40x), Floppy, etc.) Will these components work together.

For my Bro's PC I was going to get

Mobo: MSI K7N2- Delta
CPU: Athlon XP 2600
RAM: 512mb PC 2700
Video Card: ?
and a 20 gig drive floppy etc. any suggestions on how I can save some cash on the second system but have it still be pretty decent for gaming and have the first system kicking ass?
Please write back soon thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrading
  1. You can save some money by downgrading the CPU.
    Cant see any issues with your components.
    Im only running a 'piddly' 1750Mhz (~XP2200+ speed) and my games run wonderfully.
    Then again, i have a great video card.

If you are a gamer, DON'T skimp on the graphics card.. that means no Geforce4 MX's or FX5200's.
    *shudder*

I dont know your budget, so i dont know if you can afford something mainstream or high end.
    If possible, see if any ATI R9700's are still for sale. Either Pro or non pro. They have quite a good price point for excellent performance.

P.S. Dont skimp out on the PSU! Get a good quality one (antec or enermax are my prefrences)

<b>Regards,
    Mr no integrity coward.</b>
  2. Your Computer get the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and you bro computer, get the radeon 9600 pro.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
  3. Oh yeah also for your machine just get the barton 2500. The barton 2500-3000 are the same thing just different multipliers. Save yourself the 80 bucks and get the performance of a 250 dollar chip :-)

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
  4. Is there any mobo that has video included wouldn't I be able to save some cash with that basically I just want to build a decent system for my brother to play games on and then get a kick ass system for myself how much would I be able to overclock the cpu if I got the 2500? what about the 2800? I will probably get the A7N8X for myself and try to find a mobo that has video included for the one my bro will get. What would the be the best video card I can get for under 300 bucks?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs