Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 14, 2003 11:03:20 PM

Hey well I have been reading a lot of different posts and I am very amazed at how experienced everyone is with all these mobo's, cpu's and configurations.
Well I wanted to upgrade my old HP running with an Intel i810 mobo and celeron 466mnz.

I am planning to build to systems one for myself and my gaming needs and another for my lil bro and sis (except my lil bro is becoming a young gamer himself following my footsteps)
So for my system I plan to use:
mobo: Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
Cpu: Athlon XP 2800
Cooling: Aero 7+
Ram: Kingston Hyper X PC2700 1Gb (2X512)DDR 333 CAS (2-2-2-5-1T)
Video Card: ?

I am going to strip my 40 gig hard drive from the system I have the sony cd-rw (52x-12x-40x), Floppy, etc.) Will these components work together.

For my Bro's PC I was going to get

Mobo: MSI K7N2- Delta
CPU: Athlon XP 2600
RAM: 512mb PC 2700
Video Card: ?
and a 20 gig drive floppy etc. any suggestions on how I can save some cash on the second system but have it still be pretty decent for gaming and have the first system kicking ass?
Please write back soon thanks.

More about : upgrading

August 14, 2003 11:55:07 PM

You can save some money by downgrading the CPU.
Cant see any issues with your components.
Im only running a 'piddly' 1750Mhz (~XP2200+ speed) and my games run wonderfully.
Then again, i have a great video card.

If you are a gamer, DON'T skimp on the graphics card.. that means no Geforce4 MX's or FX5200's.
*shudder*

I dont know your budget, so i dont know if you can afford something mainstream or high end.
If possible, see if any ATI R9700's are still for sale. Either Pro or non pro. They have quite a good price point for excellent performance.

P.S. Dont skimp out on the PSU! Get a good quality one (antec or enermax are my prefrences)

<b>Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
August 14, 2003 11:56:03 PM

Your Computer get the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and you bro computer, get the radeon 9600 pro.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
Related resources
August 14, 2003 11:58:20 PM

Oh yeah also for your machine just get the barton 2500. The barton 2500-3000 are the same thing just different multipliers. Save yourself the 80 bucks and get the performance of a 250 dollar chip :-)

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
August 15, 2003 12:23:51 AM

Is there any mobo that has video included wouldn't I be able to save some cash with that basically I just want to build a decent system for my brother to play games on and then get a kick ass system for myself how much would I be able to overclock the cpu if I got the 2500? what about the 2800? I will probably get the A7N8X for myself and try to find a mobo that has video included for the one my bro will get. What would the be the best video card I can get for under 300 bucks?
!