Sign in with
Your question

AMD has a few tricks planned for INTEL

Last response: in CPUs
August 15, 2003 5:29:23 AM

AMD has a few NDA's that my friend Chris who runs AMDZONE cant talk about.... He wont even tell me...but he said its something INTEL wont be ready for.

wonder what it is... ima email CHRIS again when he gets back from quakecon and try to get a tidbit.

personally i think its a 2.4 GHZ hammer next month
August 15, 2003 6:09:10 AM

I’d like to see some compiler improvements. Maybe some 64bit OS previews.

That would impress me more that a couple few million cycles.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
August 15, 2003 12:57:34 PM

Poor little poopy, down to conjecture and rumor since he can't come up with anything anyone cares about.

You know poopy, I know a guy who knows a guy who runs a website that knew a guy who used to work for intel and still has friends there that has a friend who used to work for amd but got poached by intel who knows a guy whos friend runs a website and he said that intel has a nasty trick up their sleeve to beat amd... but they're all under nda rfa fyi and asap so they can't talk about it even to me. AMD had better be careful though.

Shadus
Related resources
August 15, 2003 2:40:49 PM

The secret...AMD MIGHT NOT PAPER LAUNCH...

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D
August 15, 2003 3:04:57 PM

This one time....at band camp....I found a clawhammerjackhammer AMD processor running at 6.8Ghz but I accidentally lost it when we went kayaking. :/ 

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS
August 15, 2003 5:31:07 PM

Nod, I heard AMD just announced the next generation of chips beyond their roadmap too... called the BallpeinHammer and CrosspeinHammer, but after that they're going to change names to LARTVIA and then LARTIntel... oh yah and that's all nda rfa fyi asap prb stuff so dont spread it around poopy.

Shadus
August 15, 2003 6:26:00 PM

Quote:
AMD has a few tricks planned for INTEL

Isn't turning tricks illegal? ;\

<pre><b><font color=red>*** BattleTech - The Crescent Hawks Inception ***</b>
Pilot twenty-ton behemoth robots to save your planet from a
Kuritian invasion force. Now available on the C=64!</font color=red></pre><p>
August 15, 2003 8:02:16 PM

Well, a 2.4GHZ would definitely impress me.

I do hope he isn't just pulling things out of his arse, that Chris. AMD needs to have something new anyways, if they want to make the A64 launch succesful.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>
Site has now even more sexy members, for your pleasure.
August 15, 2003 8:08:57 PM

It seems increasing likly Windows 64 is going to be released in Q104. I dont think AMD will have any other major wins on the Athlon 64 launch date.

The <A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/32356.html" target="_new">Register</A> seems to think A64 wont be fully avaliable until Q104.

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>
August 15, 2003 8:20:53 PM

Are they actually holding out for Prescott, which will likely be a killer, by the time Intel tweaks it again for competition?!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>
August 15, 2003 10:18:19 PM

And another lackluster fake rumor spread by the infamous poop. Wow, were does he gets his ideas. THG should launch a new board named Popes Corner. Sub catagories should be:

Intel + AMD Rumors, I mean facts
NVidia + ATI facts
Buyouts
Honest benchmarks
and a poll to decide how big his manly parts are (assuming thats what he is.)

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.
August 15, 2003 10:21:13 PM

This should also be added to the poll: How old is poopy?

I'm betting 12.
August 16, 2003 2:33:44 AM

That's IF they can release their chip on time.
August 16, 2003 7:39:03 AM

if you have a problem with my post , please feel free to place me on ignore and not take the low road and insult me

thank u
August 16, 2003 7:46:22 AM

if i am 12... then that means i was 9 when toms went to his own forum... and 7 when toms was on delphi
August 16, 2003 9:09:29 AM

Quote:
The secret...AMD MIGHT NOT PAPER LAUNCH...

It will be a paper launch as much as any previous Athlon XP / Barton paper launch. A few thousand will be available at start but the average customer will not see a Athlon 64 before 2004.

and no, AMD does not have anything to offer this year that could scare Intel...
August 16, 2003 11:31:34 PM

POPE I BELIEVE U 120%

u guys are all wrong AMD64 is just a cover up the real chip is going to be released a week after AMD64, it's call

AMD Preston FX5 and it has 1mb L2 cache and 1 gigabyte L3 cache and it's clocked at 1 bunglohertz.
I seen one cause my dad's cousin's neighbour's grandpa's friend's parnter's mom's dad's wife's cousin works at IBM and he saw those chips in production. It looks like cube and u insert it into a socket called popesocket. It uses the nVidia nForce 875 chipset and the FSB is pumped 10 times so it runs at a FSB speed of 0.01bunglohertz.
It is made with the 1 nanometer process and if u over clock the chip at 2 bunglohertz the load temp is at 1C only!! I tested the system

AMD Preston FX5 @ 1 bunglohertz
ASUS B9FX using the nVidia nForce 875 chipset
1024mb of DDRII ram clocked at 0.1 bunglohertz
and i used the NviTi GeFordeon Ti 10000

3Dmark 2k3 score- 1000000
3Dmark 2001 score- it say the results is too high to be displayed

I agree with u Pope AMD will rock the world!!

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
August 17, 2003 12:00:45 AM

Actually something is about to popup @ AMDZONE...

Sig : If you go to work and your name is on the door, you're rich. If your name is on your desk, you're middle class. If your name is on your shirt, you're poor!
August 18, 2003 3:44:34 AM

Funny sig!

But if you want it to be clear it's a sig without mentionning it, use "---" above it.

--
August 18, 2003 10:20:15 AM

poopy, if you don't want to be made fun of, then don't post things like:cant talk about.... He wont even tell me...
it's just sounds like you don't know anything. granted there are alot of rumors posted, but if you're going to a post rumor, at least wait until you hear it!
and my personal response, intel has more then likly seen the design and structuring of the a64 (a long time ago). Companys spy on each other and intel has lots of $$ to do it with, they offer cash (thousands of dollars) to people for bringing in such things as loing as they can prove they didn't obtain it illegaly. So for some reason I doubt amd has managed to keep a secret anything that would LARGELY increase the the proformance from what Intel is expecting
August 18, 2003 2:02:53 PM

i could care less about anyone here who chooses to insult or make fun of me

means nothing..... doesnt effect the money i get or the women i sleep with...

i just mentioned that amD has something up that we havent heard about ... who knows what it is... could be something trivial
August 18, 2003 2:13:02 PM

"Are they actually holding out for Prescott, which will likely be a killer, by the time Intel tweaks it again for competition?!"

Isn't this as bad as Pope? How do you know it's not "likely" that AMD hasn't tweaked up the A64?

More to the point...who actually cares? Why not wait and see instead of all this paper vs paper comparisons?

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by superpsa on 08/18/03 10:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 18, 2003 5:05:36 PM

How did you manage to draw THAT conclusion out of what I said?

I asked if they would actually delay A64, which would let Intel take its time to even further tweak Prescott! Dude, draw the right conclusions, not allusions!

--
August 18, 2003 8:08:18 PM

> means nothing..... doesnt effect the money i get or
> the women i sleep with...

You know poopy, you dont want to tell us your age but comments like that, those are informative and tell us oh so much.

Age--;

Shadus
August 18, 2003 9:37:03 PM

i am old enough to keep your worrying about how old i am
August 18, 2003 10:08:59 PM

right...................-_-

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
August 19, 2003 12:15:55 AM

Why won't you answer...

it is a simple question...i could ask anyone on these forums and they would tell you their age...

Anyhow...IMO...it sounds like you have something to hide...

For once can you say something that makes sense/is relevent...seems like all you do is spam...

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:
August 19, 2003 1:59:11 AM

if i wrote 50 threads saying how bad AMD was...

u would either say i was hilarious
or wouldnt say anything

but let me say something bad about good ol intel...and u come running with your fist balled
August 19, 2003 2:18:53 AM

i just want to know how old you are...i think you are 12-14...are you?

i don't care about amd or intel..they are just chips and i have owned both amd and intel chips in the past (among others)

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:
August 19, 2003 2:27:01 AM

poopy keeps talking about amd. But never says anything about them.
September 7, 2003 4:29:28 AM

yea go

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!
!