I thought I could install a PCI card to upgrade to USB 2. on my 4300. See
post of 12/15. I bought such a card. I opened the case and the only place I
see to install the card is to replace the card attached to the serial port.
Is that what I do? The Dell directions in its manual speak of a filler card
to take out and replace with a PCI card, but I see no such thing. Silly
me-it looked easy.

Do you have a 4300S?

Cliffy wrote:
> I thought I could install a PCI card to upgrade to USB 2. on my 4300. See
> post of 12/15. I bought such a card. I opened the case and the only place I
> see to install the card is to replace the card attached to the serial port.
> Is that what I do? The Dell directions in its manual speak of a filler card
> to take out and replace with a PCI card, but I see no such thing. Silly
> me-it looked easy.

Did the instructions say remove a filler card or filler bracket?
I have a 4300 and have added a couple of PCI cards. I responded to your
first post about the USB2.0 and firewire card.

Bob

"Cliffy" <cxxmayer@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I thought I could install a PCI card to upgrade to USB 2. on my 4300. See
>post of 12/15. I bought such a card. I opened the case and the only place I
>see to install the card is to replace the card attached to the serial port.
>Is that what I do? The Dell directions in its manual speak of a filler card
>to take out and replace with a PCI card, but I see no such thing. Silly
>me-it looked easy.

Yes, it is 4300S.
"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Do you have a 4300S?
>

> Cliffy wrote:
>> I thought I could install a PCI card to upgrade to USB 2. on my 4300. See
>> post of 12/15. I bought such a card. I opened the case and the only place
>> I see to install the card is to replace the card attached to the serial
>> port. Is that what I do? The Dell directions in its manual speak of a
>> filler card to take out and replace with a PCI card, but I see no such
>> thing. Silly me-it looked easy.

Yes, directions said remove filler card or filler bracket.
"Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Did the instructions say remove a filler card or filler bracket?
> I have a 4300 and have added a couple of PCI cards. I responded to your
> first post about the USB2.0 and firewire card.
>
> Bob
>
> "Cliffy" <cxxmayer@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>I thought I could install a PCI card to upgrade to USB 2. on my 4300. See
>>post of 12/15. I bought such a card. I opened the case and the only place
>>I see to install the card is to replace the card attached to the serial
>>port. Is that what I do? The Dell directions in its manual speak of a
>>filler card to take out and replace with a PCI card, but I see no such
>>thing. Silly me-it looked easy.

TRENDING THREADS