Gottlieb Genesis sound problems

Hi,
I have a genesis pinball that I have gone through and done mostly all
the fixes recomended. The Problem is everything ( pop bumpers, slings,
gates, swts) all work. But the game has no sound or music, UNLESS you
take the edge connector and pull it off alittle .( you get a new sound
or music every time you sort of pulse it like that during game play.)

Any hints on what to check? The sounds are there , just not triggered
from the right devices on the playfield.

Thanks
Jay

Hi Jay,

the problem likely is in the connectors themselves, as you have
demonstrated. The connector you mentioned may need its pins changed; it
sounds like they have lost their "sprung". The sound pulses start at the
control board (after inputting from the playfield), route through the driver
board, and finally to the sound board. There are a lot of potentially
faulty connectors in this path! The link below is a good start for sound
board diagnosis and repair.

http://marvin3m.com/sys80/s80sound.htm

Good luck,
Dan