Votes: 5 27.8%
  • acer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been done over9000 times - it's hit and miss with any company. If you get a good model you like, you'll swear by it, but if it gives you trouble, you'll think the entire company has issues.

IMHO, such a question isn't worth the light of day.

shovenose

Distinguished
the reason i asked was so that i know what to recommend to frines, customers, family, etc. i have a thinkpad x31, and i find it very well designed (ugly though), and my core2duo hp laptop is fast but horribly designed, and dells are a mixed bag, etc.

who said "other" and what brand did i forget? LOL

So, in other words, your notebook experience is highly dependent on model and brand, not just brand alone, as I suggest.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Also, laptop recommendations vary based on the requirements of the consumer. Some brands make better ultra-portables.. some make better gaming laptops... etc.

discountshop

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
There are large numbers of laptop brands fighting for the domination of the notebook computer market.

The experts have divided them into four tiers or four stages. The first tier includes brands like Sony and Lenovo. In the second tier the brands like, Dell and Apple and included. The third Tier has brands like, Gateway, NEC, Fujitsu, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.