David

Hello all,

I have a user in my domain that is experiencing the following problem.

After some period of time, the PC is locked out and requires CTRL+ALT+DEL.
In looking at desktop settings, there is is a screen saver set after 10
minutes, but there is not a password protect.

Also there is no domain policy to allow workstation lock and looking locally
nothing is configured.

Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users in
the domain? I do not want to see users locking at all.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Thanks,

David

Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users in
the domain? Hmmm well if your in active directory you can use Group Policy.
Mike D
"david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a user in my domain that is experiencing the following problem.
>
> After some period of time, the PC is locked out and requires CTRL+ALT+DEL.
> In looking at desktop settings, there is is a screen saver set after 10
> minutes, but there is not a password protect.
>
> Also there is no domain policy to allow workstation lock and looking
> locally
> nothing is configured.
>
> Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users
> in
> the domain? I do not want to see users locking at all.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> David

David

Mike,

This is true, you can turn off the Lock Workstation as a policy. This I
believe only removes acccess for the user to click the Lock Workstation
button when hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL. That is all.

Is there a registry setting that prevents the PC going into a locked state
at all?
That is the real question.
--
Thanks,