Disable a computer from locking out

Hello all,

I have a user in my domain that is experiencing the following problem.

After some period of time, the PC is locked out and requires CTRL+ALT+DEL.
In looking at desktop settings, there is is a screen saver set after 10
minutes, but there is not a password protect.

Also there is no domain policy to allow workstation lock and looking locally
nothing is configured.

Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users in
the domain? I do not want to see users locking at all.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Thanks,

David
2 answers Last reply
More about disable computer locking

    Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users in
    the domain? Hmmm well if your in active directory you can use Group Policy.
    Mike D
    "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a user in my domain that is experiencing the following problem.
    >
    > After some period of time, the PC is locked out and requires CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    > In looking at desktop settings, there is is a screen saver set after 10
    > minutes, but there is not a password protect.
    >
    > Also there is no domain policy to allow workstation lock and looking
    > locally
    > nothing is configured.
    >
    > Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users
    > in
    > the domain? I do not want to see users locking at all.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David

    Mike,

    This is true, you can turn off the Lock Workstation as a policy. This I
    believe only removes acccess for the user to click the Lock Workstation
    button when hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL. That is all.

    Is there a registry setting that prevents the PC going into a locked state
    at all?
    That is the real question.
    --
    Thanks,

    David

    "Mike D" wrote:

    > Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users in
    > the domain? Hmmm well if your in active directory you can use Group Policy.
    > Mike D
    > "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I have a user in my domain that is experiencing the following problem.
    > >
    > > After some period of time, the PC is locked out and requires CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    > > In looking at desktop settings, there is is a screen saver set after 10
    > > minutes, but there is not a password protect.
    > >
    > > Also there is no domain policy to allow workstation lock and looking
    > > locally
    > > nothing is configured.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to permanently turnoff the workstation lock for all users
    > > in
    > > the domain? I do not want to see users locking at all.
    > >
    > > Any help is appreciated.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > David

Domain Computers Workstations Windows XP