Service Pack 2 Installation Package

August 25, 2005 2:49:01 PM

Does anyone know how to create an installation package that will not turn on
the firewall client for SP2. I have slipstreamed the SP2 package so it runs
unattended but i can not modify how it install the firewall client. i have
about 500 users to push this to all at remote locations. we will be using
SMS to push this. I can not rely on the client to turn it off. Any help would
greatly be appreicated.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:10:54 PM

Using the Windows Firewall INF File in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"RTemple" wrote:

| Does anyone know how to create an installation package that will not turn on
| the firewall client for SP2. I have slipstreamed the SP2 package so it runs
| unattended but i can not modify how it install the firewall client. i have
| about 500 users to push this to all at remote locations. we will be using
| SMS to push this. I can not rely on the client to turn it off. Any help would
| greatly be appreicated.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:10:55 PM

Thanks. That article was very Helpful. U dont know how much work this is
going to save me.

!