MN-700 Dropping Adapters (MN-730)

I have installed a wireless network using an MN-700 and 8
MN-730 adapters (six of which are within 20 feet or less
of the base station). I have installed the 2.2 update to
all the adapters as well as the firmware update to the MN-
700. However, the adapters will still drop after
initially connecting (approximately at refresh time, 15
minutes). When they do drop there is a message in the
MBNU that there is an Incorrect Security Key (even though
they were connected just a few minutes prior). If I reset
the base station (power off/on) the adapters will
reconnect. The 2.2 update seemed to help with overall
connections (ie. all adapters would connect vs. 1 or 2
before dropping) but I am still in need of further
guidance/assistance.

All PC's are running XP (SP1) with the WPA update KB826942
and the 2.2 update. I am also running WPA-TKIP security.

Are there any specific XP updates that I should have?

I also noticed in numerous pieces of documentation that I
should disable IEEE 802.1x authentication and if the check
box is not available then I am not using 802.1x
authentication or wireless security. However, as I
mentioned, I am using WPA-TKIP level security. Is this a
possible security/setup problem?

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance...Gary

Check power management settings in adapter settings and don't allow
the computer to turn off the adapter to save power.

Also--

I'd recommend installing XP SP2. With 8 computers, you should get the
network install of SP2 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&DisplayLang=en

Apply it to one of the computers and see if your issues are resolved.
Then burn to CD and install to the others.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:49:15 -0700, "Gary Kmetz"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist