Trying to make it cheaper

a24fanpsn

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Ok so I guess this is the place it should be ?

Ok so Im thinking about getting a gaming pc and one that i like is this: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/2010_Mage

Its pretty cheap but it has good parts imo.

Now Im trying to make it cost the least as possible while still having good performance and quality.

Im definitely going to get a quad core but is 6 cores really necessary? If I dont really need it I dont want it. I dont care for a fancy case, leds, a monitor really or a keyboard and mouse. just the tower. my monitor does 1050p and my keyboard and mouse are wireless and work very good my speakers suck but who really cares atleast one of them work.

Now im trying to make it cheap on my parents to get, because well im only like 14 i aint got $5000 and they arent spending $500 maybe around 1k but i could work for add ons later.

Im mostly going to play Call Of Duty, GTA ( IV and SA ), Eve Online, Battlefield, Possibly some others maybe crysis 2 but i dont know.

So what I really need to know is do i need a six-core? well its only 10 bucks cheaper than one of the quad cores but would a AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Quad-Core CPU be enough to play these games at like 100fps? i know its alot of fps but quad cores are still good right? even this one? ok now to save like hundreds i was going to get a hd 5770 after i got this pc with my own money just to make the pc cheaper on my parents but would that be a good video card?? i was gonna get a 5450 with the pc. for the mother board im lost what do you guys suggest? i want to play maxed out on those games though.. maybe not on crysis.. i might would get a 2nd video card at some point though but one with crossfire since i would get another 5770.

for the HDD i would get a single "1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s" copy and pasted :p

for the optical drive i chose a 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive since it has lightscribe whatever that is

for the sound card and every thing else im just leaving it stock.

but for the power supply what would i need as if i were getting 2 5770's? and for the network card idk, my internet is 10.5 upload over 10.5 download so whatever would let me have all that ...

thank you i know this is a long unorganized thread but its alot of stuff that im wondering about...

a24fanpsn

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
oh and could i find a cheaper power supply than what they have on there? so i could have one ordered and use that instead of paying 300 for one of theirs? if it goes over $1000 i the chances of me getting this pc will go down..