Latitude D800 Mini Firewire Cable

I've got a Latitude D800 which has a built in 'Mini
Firewire' port. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells
a cable to suit this port though. I need to connect a
Sony Camcorder (std 4-pin firewire) to this port. Can
anyone suggest somewhere (preferably in the UK) that
could supply one?

Thanks.
--
James Challinor.

James Challinor wrote:
> I've got a Latitude D800 which has a built in 'Mini
> Firewire' port. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells
> a cable to suit this port though. I need to connect a
> Sony Camcorder (std 4-pin firewire) to this port. Can
> anyone suggest somewhere (preferably in the UK) that
> could supply one?
>
> Thanks.

Are you sure that your existing cable is not a standard 6-pin and you
need a 6-pin to 4-pin adapter? Most notebooks have the 4-pin unpowered
port.

In article <9dqdnUg7e6ryeQXdRVn-uQ@comcast.com>,
quaoar@tenthplanet.net says...
> James Challinor wrote:
> > I've got a Latitude D800 which has a built in 'Mini
> > Firewire' port. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells
> > a cable to suit this port though. I need to connect a
> > Sony Camcorder (std 4-pin firewire) to this port. Can
> > anyone suggest somewhere (preferably in the UK) that
> > could supply one?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Are you sure that your existing cable is not a standard 6-pin and you
> need a 6-pin to 4-pin adapter? Most notebooks have the 4-pin unpowered
> port.

That's what I thought, but I've double checked and my
cable is definitely a 4-pin (I've also got a 6-pin
cable!)

--
James Challinor.