Laptop won't turn on

I have a 4 years old dell e1505. It will feeze after running for a while, and I suspected that the cooling system is not working correctly because of all the dirt. I disassembled it and cleaned the cooling component and cpu fan. After reassembling it, my laptop won't turn on. When I pressed the power button, the three green lights on the left (I think they are number, shift and one with down arrown) , and the power light will turn on. After 2-3 secs, they will all go off. Can anyone tell me what this means? is there anyway to save my laptop?
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop turn
  1. Its an indication that something isn't hooked up right. I'd take it back apart and ensure that everything is hooked up correctly.
  2. What could the component that wasn't hooked up right? The components I took a apart is cooling fan, touch pad, display and keyboard. I suppose if its other then the display, it will still start and show a warning that keyboard wasn't found or something like this.
  3. After tried to re-assemble, one of the green light on the left won't eve turn on now. Its the middle one with a letter A on it. I think it is the shift lock. I am desperately needing some help now. here is a pic.
  4. Any idea whats wrong with my laptop? I am getting frustrated. Please help.

buwish said:
    Its an indication that something isn't hooked up right. I'd take it back apart and ensure that everything is hooked up correctly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Cooling