more .09 INTEL CPUs delayed

as par the course the DOTHAN .09 mobile intel cpu has been delayed because of problems with the .09 process

http://www.anandtech.com/#20333

Prescott is sure to follow
25 answers Last reply
More about more intel cpus delayed
  1. why do you need to know this ?? This posting has no useful information in it.

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>
  2. poopster, now think about this realistically. If Dothan was delayed because of the 90nm process then doesn't it seem likely Prescott would have been delayed by an equal amount? Prescott and Dothan are both being made on the exact same 90nm process.

A64 on the other hand is a shining example of a perfectly engineered piece of microarchitecture that launched right on time. OOOh how I wish Intel could be more like AMD. They do everything perfectly, never have manufacturing problems, launch every product on time and make it available to anyone who wants one that very day.

<font color=white>---</font color=white>
    Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
  3. why is it when i post news that shows intel in a not so good light... people attack me

deal with it its only a CPU

sheeshh
  4. I hate to defend him, but he is right on this point. The article he is pointing to does basically say what he says. Even when attacking a troll, one should at least try to check out what he is saying before attacking.
  5. Probally because of the way you typically present things.

Be less of a Troll and people will give you less sh!t.

Shadus
  6. ""as par the course the DOTHAN .09 mobile intel cpu has been delayed because of problems with the .09 process

Prescott is sure to follow"""

what part of this upsets u?
  7. Quote:
    ""as par the course the DOTHAN .09 mobile intel cpu has been delayed because of problems with the .09 process

Prescott is sure to follow"""

Why not just leave a link, and let the people determine what it means, and not speculate that other processes will be delayed by this....

Also, you seem to never mention that, quote from Anandtech:
    "Sources at Taiwanese notebook makers have confirmed reports that Intel will postpone the debut of its next-generation Pentium M processors, codenamed Dothan, to the first quarter of 2004 from year-end."

Which makers? Why not name sources??? It's pure B.S., until a NAMED manufactuerer comes out....

The whole article is from unnamed sources, and we are suppose to get into an uproar over this? I don't care, since I'm not interested in buying a laptop anytime soon....

So, leave the link for info, but keep your own speculations to yourself...because it makes you look like you really don't know what your talking about if you're using an article of unnamed sources for your own facts....

:)

How many watts does it take to get the center of CPU core?
  8. If the problem is heat, then it is very possible for notebook chips to be delayed while desktop chips based on the same process are not. Notebook chips are generally not supposed to generate 100+ watts, as this would be difficult to cool. With desktops, cooling is much less of a problem.
  9. Quote:
    why is it when i post news that shows intel in a not so good light... people attack me

Did I sound like I was attacking you poopster? That was not my intention. I was mearly pointing out my personal viewpoint on what you stated and what was in the article. I believe your conclusion was flawed and I presented a different perspective on it.

Also, if you are bothered by people attacking you for what you post then why did you start trolling this forum? You know you only have yourself to blame for this. It's quite common for one-sided opinions to be countered with an opposing point of view. Get over it, it's only a CPU.

Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
  10. Quote:
    The article he is pointing to does basically say what he says.

So because an article says it, it must be true. Do you always believe everything you read? I for one am quick to question articles like that one when their opinions don't fit the facts. There is no evidence Intel is having serious enough issues with the transition to 90nm that would warrant delaying a chip. If they are having serious issues, it makes sense it would affect both chips in development.

There are many other things that can cause delays in releasing chips.

Quote:
    Even when attacking a troll, one should at least try to check out what he is saying before attacking.

I did check out what he said. That's exactly why I made the argument I did.

11. Ummmm, everybody is harping over Intel cuase they are having problems with the 0.09 process........but what happens when AMD finally has to go to that process????
    Amd had a little bit of trouble when they switched to .13. I don't think we're going to see the Nvidia/Ati thing happen (Nvidia paved the way, and ATI got their .13 process down with no problems). This was becuase they both used the same fab. Intel, however, has their own fabs, which means when they finally get .09 down, they aint' going to be sharing the secrets with AMD. I'm havn't been saying anything negative about this topic, becuase AMD will have to go through it......and garunteed, they will most likely go through it harder than Intel.
    Just my $.02
  12. That's exactly wut I said in another thread, totally agree. AMD will suffer much more than Intel when transitioning.

--
    <A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>
    Site has now even more sexy members, for your pleasure.
  13. d00d, if they just used Boron doped Diamond wafers they could put an end to these problems.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  14. Heheh, from what yall in the OTHER said, that might be the best thing.

--
    <A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=green><b>A sexual experience like never before seen</font color=green></b></A>
  15. Just a quick perspective, Prescott could be running hot because Intel doubled the core cache and TLBs. Or, the fact that it still has 6 layers, as AMD has been forced to move to 9 layers. You can’t draw conclusions as both companies have diverged in their processes as AMD has gone the way of SOI.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
  16. I understand Intel has 6 layers and also have strongly considered this to be one of the main suspects.

But I am concluding the process with AMD thing, because it's only logical. AMD will use SOI, it's even more complicated to keep everything stable when 0.09m is troublesome! With IBM laying off chip people, AMD's transition, and I say this with no regrets, WILL suffer. It's inevitable and I am sure of it, as much as it is cynical.

--
  17. so u expect me to believe that AMD has no clue why INTEL is struggling with .09.

Does INTEL manufacture .09 machinery tools? nope

Will the companies that make .09 machinery tools have a better grasp on the kinks of .09 by the time AMD makes the hop? YEP

Alot of people said that the .09 switch was gonna take time for the machining tools to catch up... i read articles on it. but since INTEL can do no wrong to some people... it was assumed INTEL would have no issues with .09

AS IF

fact is WE KNOW INTEL is having major issues with .09... we DONT know that AMD will.

and on top of all that... they are different chips....

i think AMD has a major advantage having to sit back and watch INTEL have issues.... better u jump off a cliff and let me see where u went wrong b4 i follow.
  18. None of it poopy, You asked why people attacked you. If you posted news about amd the way you post about intel people would attack you too... or nvidia... or ati... or fsck, hell even matrox. Its the *way* you post that gets you attacked, not what you post.

Shadus
  19. Just admit it...he's under ya'lls collective skin, and even when he says something completely rational, you go all kung fu on him...

Get your own sig!!! :tongue:
  20. i do think that poopy makes a good point in his last post, although not the most unbiastly put, and by no means elegantly, amd does have the advantage in that they have more time before they switch to .09 and that they get to sit back and watch intel do it.
    STILL I think that they will have issues because intel is not going to let them in on the secrets of it. but amd will have an advantage switching, if intel works through the process, because they will know it can be done, and what the final product should look like. along with the production of the machines.. although I don't think those company's are going to be handing over intels secrets.. considering who their going to make more $$ from (intel)
  21. So now you are attacking me. It seems that you are a little defensive. I did not say I believed the article. In your original post you attack him as if he wrote the article. You did not attack the article. You might want to read the phrasing of your own posts before you post them. If you did check out what he said then you should have attacked the article not him. I do not understand why everyone on this forum feels the need to attack the poster and not the issue. I understand he can be a troll but that is no excuse for rude behavior on others part.
  22. Hey pope,
    I do believe that Intel has contracts, making it so that the machinery companies can not give out information to Intels rivals. So that being said, I don't really think that AMD will have that much of an advantage by sitting back and watching Intel struggle. They will have more time to research and try to figure out how they can get their cpu to .09, but they will not be able to get info from what Intel has done.

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:
  23. On the subject.
    I do believe that the moble cpu will be delayed, if it is running any where near the temps of the desktop. I also don't see people wanting to buy a laptop that can heat a small room and you have to think about the power that it will need. I know that no one wants a laptop that only runs for an hour.

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:
  24. You need to chill out. I did not attack you. I responded to your coment to me, there is a difference.

Last I checked, we were still free to express our opinions here. If this bothers you then too bad.

25. If you think that asking if I believe everthing I read is your expressing an opinion and not attacking me individually, then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the language in which you are typing. I do not need to chill out. Responding to my comment would in no way require you to question my belief in everything that I read. That is not an expression of an opinion. It is clearly an attempt to attack. I do not see how you can see it any other way and understand the written word on any level whatsoever. (a clear example of an attack on your ability to grasp the written word) See how that works. :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by why on 08/19/03 04:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Mobile Intel