Service Pack 2 crashes my machine

a b F Wireless
August 25, 2005 5:52:05 PM

I tried to install the Visual studio 2005 beta2 this morning. It requires
service pack 2. I updated my windows xp professional with SP1. Unfortunately,
after I installed visual studio, the wireless stops working. I don't know
what to do with it. Then I uninstalled service pack 2 and visual studio 2005.
The system went back to SP1, but now everything is not working. The LAN,
wireless, and even usb port is not working. Is there any solution for the
problem?
Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 1:21:12 AM

"=?Utf-8?B?eWFuZw==?=" <yang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I tried to install the Visual studio 2005 beta2 this morning. It
> requires service pack 2. I updated my windows xp professional
> with SP1. Unfortunately, after I installed visual studio, the
> wireless stops working. I don't know what to do with it. Then I
> uninstalled service pack 2 and visual studio 2005. The system
> went back to SP1, but now everything is not working. The LAN,
> wireless, and even usb port is not working. Is there any solution
> for the problem?
> Thanks

I don't understand why you used the subject line "Service Pack 2
crashes my machine".

> Is there any solution for the problem?
Reformat and reload everything, following the instructions this time.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 12:38:11 PM

McSpreader wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?eWFuZw==?=" <yang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> I tried to install the Visual studio 2005 beta2 this morning. It
>> requires service pack 2. I updated my windows xp professional
>> with SP1. Unfortunately, after I installed visual studio, the
>> wireless stops working. I don't know what to do with it. Then I
>> uninstalled service pack 2 and visual studio 2005. The system
>> went back to SP1, but now everything is not working. The LAN,
>> wireless, and even usb port is not working. Is there any solution
>> for the problem?
>> Thanks
>>

> I don't understand why you used the subject line "Service Pack 2
> crashes my machine".

Over and above that, nobody should be surprised when beta software screws
something up. That's why it's beta. If it were debugged software, it would
already be released, not beta. This is why beta software shouldn't be run on
production machines. If you're not willing to take the risk of a screwup bad
enough that you have to reformat and relaod the operating system, you
shouldn't run the beta.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup