Dell Backorders

Is anyone else having desktop system backorder problems? I ordered an
8400MCE and was told it is backordered due to lack of Intel chips. An
independent source inquired and was told they have no chip shorttages.
What is going on???

Jd

what's going on could be one of dells infamous "lack of' customer
service you sometimes read about. they may of simply screwed up or lost
your order and are now having to make up for lost time. if they gave
you a new shippping date make sure it is in fact shipped on that date
by giving the company a call back. and make sure the item is as ordered
(specs and add-ons, and what not). or what could be going on is there
really is a shortage of the kind of intel chip you ordered. which you
did not specify. or dell is short on them. although at this point the
shortage question is moot. just make sure now that things have worked
out, they stay worked out. plus dell and most shippers are extremely
busy this time of year(the busiest time) and this may also play a
factor.

Good thoughts but you are way off base. The order was placed Nov. 17
and due by Dec. 1, then backordered to Dec. 21, now backordered to Jan.
5. Somthing is seriously wrong and they are not being up front with
their customers.

Jd

they may of screwed up your order from the get-go. i wonder if you had
to remind them of any order details when you were in touch with them?
or perhaps an 8400mce with your particular specs is simply not produced
as quickly as a run of the mill 2400. which sounds a little unusual
being that dell builds so many computers. but how many 8400mce's do
they build? perhaps it's just a simple matter of supply and demand.
hell, i ordered two 4600's three weeks apart and received both within
3-4 days as promised. but my specs are very ordinary. oh well, hope
things work out for you. unless it's already too late for that? and if
you get too frustrated just type "dell complaints" in the search engine
address box of your choice and countless websites will come up with
folks who have numerous story's just like yours. so your not alone.
unfortunately, this seems to be the way things are going with the pc
biz today. but dell has always been good to me . then again, i didn't
have to wait nearly six weeks for something i was promised in two.

"WhereAmI?" wrote:
> Good thoughts but you are way off base. The order wa
> placed Nov. 17 and due by Dec. 1, then backordered
> to Dec. 21, now backordered to Jan. 5. Somthing is
> seriously wrong and they are not being up front with
> their customers.

I think you're right. My Maxtor hard drive was also
postponed by "backorders" twice in succession. It's
like Dell is having a dispute with a manufacturer of one
or two of its major components. I'd put off buying a Dell
until it's resolved.

*TimDaniels*

Hi,
My name is Bob Russels. I am a recent graduate of Harvard
Business School, and I have decided to start my own computer
manufacturing business, and go head to head with dell. We
would like some input from the public about what improvments could be
made in the pc business. We are welcome to any suggestions or
complaints. Every single suggestion will be looked out and evaluated.
Please send any information to compr87@yahoo.com.

He can't even post correctly and he graduated from Harvard? He is
obviously a troll.

<compr87@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My name is Bob Russels. I am a recent graduate of Harvard
> Business School, and I have decided to start my own computer
> manufacturing business, and go head to head with dell. We
> would like some input from the public about what improvments could be
> made in the pc business. We are welcome to any suggestions or
> complaints. Every single suggestion will be looked out and evaluated.
> Please send any information to compr87@yahoo.com.

Jim

Maybe they really do have a huge backorder. Look at what has happened to
another computer maker, Apple. This miscalculated their most popular
computer this past summer and missed a lot of their summer/school order
season. Now they are experiencing it again with their Ipods.

Jim

"WhereAmI?" <nobodyhere@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone else having desktop system backorder problems? I ordered an
> 8400MCE and was told it is backordered due to lack of Intel chips. An
> independent source inquired and was told they have no chip shorttages.
> What is going on???

Sniifff...... PHOO bad bait.......

--
Steve