Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed t..

I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC.

Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application

I saw a posting stating that I need to up?
date the PC. However, from the safe mode I cannot run update. And when I
boot normally, I got above error.

What should I do ?

Thank you in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about explorer application error application failed

    Check here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=0xc0000022&hl=en
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "Haku Baba" <Haku Baba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC.
    >
    > Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initialize
    > properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application
    >
    > I saw a posting stating that I need to up?
    > date the PC. However, from the safe mode I cannot run update. And when I
    > boot normally, I got above error.
    >
    > What should I do ?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    When you boot up in Safe mode make sure you select the 'Safe mode with
    network support' option.
    You should then be able to connect to the internet and update.

    "Haku Baba" <Haku Baba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC.
    >
    > Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initialize
    > properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application
    >
    > I saw a posting stating that I need to up?
    > date the PC. However, from the safe mode I cannot run update. And when I
    > boot normally, I got above error.
    >
    > What should I do ?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound Guaranteed virus free
    Virus Database (VPS): 0534-3, 25/08/2005
    Tested on: 25/08/2005 22:55:10

    I did boot from "safe mode with network" before. When I tried to update it,
    I encountered an error:
    "The websire has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
    trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem."

    thanks

    "Barney" wrote:

    > When you boot up in Safe mode make sure you select the 'Safe mode with
    > network support' option.
    > You should then be able to connect to the internet and update.
    >

    > "Haku Baba" <Haku Baba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am getting this error message on my windows XP pro PC.
    > >
    > > Explorer.exe -Application error : The application failed to initialize
    > > properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application
    > >
    > > I saw a posting stating that I need to up?
    > > date the PC. However, from the safe mode I cannot run update. And when I
    > > boot normally, I got above error.
    > >
    > > What should I do ?
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance.
    > >

    > ---
    > avast! Antivirus: Outbound Guaranteed virus free
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0534-3, 25/08/2005
    > Tested on: 25/08/2005 22:55:10

Explorer Error Message Windows XP