dell lattitude cpx

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
May 5, 2004 1:30:18 AM

i have a dell lattitude cpx laptop which my son accidently *broke* the
keyboard

i have been offered an XPi keyboard.

will this keyboard fit and work

thank you for your time

More about : dell lattitude cpx

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 5, 2004 3:09:13 AM

no, the latitude cpx and xpi keyboards are very different. the cpx keyboard
has a square footprint, and the xpi has function keys the project above the
number keys on the right hand side of the keyboard, and arrow keys that
project below the spacebar on the right hand side of the keyboard. get a
replacement from dell (if still available) or check out ebay.. someone is
selling the bottom half of a cpx for $15 from which you can scavenge the
keyboard...

"darren" <heavyd@evansd36.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> i have a dell lattitude cpx laptop which my son accidently *broke* the
> keyboard
>
> i have been offered an XPi keyboard.
>
> will this keyboard fit and work
>
> thank you for your time

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 5, 2004 5:06:20 AM

There are large numbers of these available on eBay, many
under $10 before shipping.

"darren" <heavyd@evansd36.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
i have a dell lattitude cpx laptop which my son accidently
*broke* the
keyboard

i have been offered an XPi keyboard.

will this keyboard fit and work

thank you for your time
Related resources
May 5, 2004 1:55:52 PM

thank you
i live in england so us would be a long way for a keyboard lol

"Bill Joy" <wcjoy@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> There are large numbers of these available on eBay, many
> under $10 before shipping.
>

> "darren" <heavyd@evansd36.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> i have a dell lattitude cpx laptop which my son accidently
> *broke* the
> keyboard
>
> i have been offered an XPi keyboard.
>
> will this keyboard fit and work
>
> thank you for your time

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 5, 2004 5:13:02 PM

watch ebay for uk sales for the latitude cpx keyboard that you need.
compatible alternatives are the inspiron 3700 and inspiron 3800 keyboards.
note that some of the keyboard have the pointing stick in the middle and
others do not. you can always install one with the stick in a system that
does not support it (just leave it disconnected) but of course it will not
work. furthermore, if you by a us-english version instead of your
uk-english then some keys will be mislabeled (with $ instead of £) but it
will work just fine. dell usa still sells this keyboard, but in the
us-english configuration. prehaps euro-dell sells the appropiate version
for you. call them.

!