Dell Support

Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
gently into that good night.

"Dude...You got a Dell!".

Now you know why Dell customers rate their customer service so poorly.

Bobby

"damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
> gently into that good night.

"Support", what is that?

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
> gently into that good night.

[snipped]
> http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
> "damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
>> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
>> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
>> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
>> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
>> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
>> gently into that good night.

Guys, have you actually sought help, I personally have found DELL support
most helpful, and understanding, yes they are in India, but the advisor I
received was corteous, well versed in addressing my problem, technically
adept and his english was very good.

So put away your prejudices and get on the phone to them and take their
advice. They were very impressive, even down to phoning me at home to check
that all was well.

73 de John < Well pleased with the levels of support offered by DELL
Support>

My experiences with Dell tech support have been fine overall. I've lived
outside the US for a number of years, so it is easy for me to adjust to hearing
and (MOST IMPORTANTLY!) speaking with a person whose first language is not
English. The important thing is to speak slowly and clearly, avoiding the use
of very American slang. Yo! Ya got it, dude? The next most important thing is
to ask the person on the other end to do the same.

I can well understand why someone speaking with tech support people obviously in
another country would become frustrated and dissatisfied with the end result.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:26:26 -0000, "Mr John C McCulloch"
<john@jcmcc1srp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>[snipped]
>> http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
>> "damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
>>> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
>>> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
>>> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
>>> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
>>> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
>>> gently into that good night.
>>>

>Guys, have you actually sought help, I personally have found DELL support
>most helpful, and understanding, yes they are in India, but the advisor I
>received was corteous, well versed in addressing my problem, technically
>adept and his english was very good.
>
>So put away your prejudices and get on the phone to them and take their
>advice. They were very impressive, even down to phoning me at home to check
>that all was well.
>
>73 de John < Well pleased with the levels of support offered by DELL
>Support>

You can do all that online. Why call?

"damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
> gently into that good night.

Its got nothing to do with prejudices.
Americans seem to have a tuffer time with accents.
I used to have my phone answered by a Secretary who just could not handle
most any accent.
She was not prejudiced, her ear just was not trained to handle the accents.

THe worst accents I've encountered so far are the support folkes for
Symantec, not to mention they had terrible phone connections.

--
"Mr John C McCulloch" <john@jcmcc1srp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> [snipped]
> > http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
> > "damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
> >> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
> >> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
> >> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
> >> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
> >> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
> >> gently into that good night.
> >>

> Guys, have you actually sought help, I personally have found DELL support
> most helpful, and understanding, yes they are in India, but the advisor I
> received was corteous, well versed in addressing my problem, technically
> adept and his english was very good.
>
> So put away your prejudices and get on the phone to them and take their
> advice. They were very impressive, even down to phoning me at home to
check
> that all was well.
>
> 73 de John < Well pleased with the levels of support offered by DELL
> Support>

using "decent support help" and "Dell" in the same sentence hasn't been done
in years. you've been reading too much dell marketing or watching too many
dell tv commercials.

the only magic secret i can think of would be to learn THEIR native
language!

"damburke" <damburke@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there know the magic secret to getting decent support
> help from Dell, from getting simple answers like changing your email
> address to technical issues. When you do get someone on the phone,
> most of the time they don't understand what you are saying and you
> can't understand what they are saying because of the HEAVY accents.
> Once Dell gets your money, they act like they would like for you to go
> gently into that good night.

Jd

boy, dell support has takin it on the chin lately. i don't know much
about marketing or foreign accents. what i do know is since i
purchased two 4600's earlier this year dell sales and support has been
top-notch for me. i have called tech support on three occasions and
could understand every word the indian advisor spoke. my rebate checks
came three weeks after i sent for them. i got at home service 36 hours
after i placed a call for support on a faulty combo drive. god bless
dell!! don't be hatin'.

Hi,
My name is Bob Russels. I am a recent graduate of Harvard
Business School, and I have decided to start my own computer
manufacturing business, and go head to head competition with dell. We
would like some input from the public about what they are looking
inproved in the pc business. We are welcome to any suggestions or
complaints. Every single suggestion will be looked out and evaluated.
Please send any information to compr87@yahoo.com.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

compr87@yahoo.com wrote:
> We are welcome to any suggestions or complaints. Every single suggestion will be looked out and evaluated.

Dear Bob,

Here's a suggestion for you to "look out".....fix your composition and
spelling and then we'll discuss buying one of your computers.

Please! You can't be serious. You've gotten a hundred million or so from
venture capitalists to bankroll you? Why don't you simply read all the postings
to the Dell, Compaq, HP, and Gateway for the last year or so? You want us to do
your work for you? Oh, I forgot. Harvard B School graduates don't work for a
living. They get other people to do the work for them.

Oh, yeah. Why not go to Austin and tour a Dell manufacturing facility? Read
the business section of today's NY Times first. Good article there covering
Dell's obsession with manyfacturing efficiency... Ben Myers