Home Videos onto DVD

I think it's almost time to replace my old Dell XPS T650 (which I upgraded
to a 1Ghz) and wondered how good the software and transferring of Home
analog video tapes onto DVD has come... I looked into it about 2 years ago
and it seemed the quality wasn't very good and hoped things have gotten
better since.. I have 12 years worth of Sony Super 8 videos (approx 30 hour
worth of taping) and I would love to transfer it all onto DVD to make
viewing easier plus it would give me the ability to make DVDs with themes
such as putting years of the kids recitals on one DVD and such.... any help
would be greatly appreciated..

http://tinyurl.com/6z9m7

"Pinger" <Pinger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I think it's almost time to replace my old Dell XPS T650 (which I upgraded
>to a 1Ghz) and wondered how good the software and transferring of Home
>analog video tapes onto DVD has come... I looked into it about 2 years ago
>and it seemed the quality wasn't very good and hoped things have gotten
>better since.. I have 12 years worth of Sony Super 8 videos (approx 30 hour
>worth of taping) and I would love to transfer it all onto DVD to make
>viewing easier plus it would give me the ability to make DVDs with themes
>such as putting years of the kids recitals on one DVD and such.... any help
>would be greatly appreciated..

I have been using Pinnacle Studio AV/DV Deluxe version 9 for about 6 months.
It is a hardware and software package with digital and analog connections.
It has RCA style connectors so you can hook up old cameras, VCRs, cable tv
boxes, stereos and capture most anything... I have been pleased with it.
My system is Dell Dim 4550, 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1883&Langue_ID=7