Service Pack 2 problem

I installed service pack 2 this morning because Visual studio 2005 beta
2 requires to do that. Unfortunately, my wireless stops working after I
restart the computer several times. During this time, the only thing I
did is install service pack 2 and visual studio 2005. so I uninstalled
the two software. After I uninstall them, everything stops working.
LAN, wireless, sometimes the usb port. And the computer cannot restart
normally. It will freeze at the shutting down page. I have to push the
power button.
Anyone has a solution for this situation? I don't want to reinstall the
whole system. BTW, I tried to repair from the installation CD. It also
failed because the administration password is wrong which is
impossible.
5 answers Last reply
More about service pack problem

    I know now. Lesson learned: never try beta from microsoft.
    But is service pack 2 still a beta version? :(

    yang4sun@gmail.com wrote:

    > I installed service pack 2 this morning because Visual studio 2005 beta
    > 2 requires to do that. Unfortunately, my wireless stops working after I

    Do you know what BETA means?

    Essentially, you dug your own hole.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    No. It has been out for a year.
    <yang4sun@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I know now. Lesson learned: never try beta from microsoft.
    > But is service pack 2 still a beta version? :(

    And was not released to the general public in BETA version in the first
    place.

    yang4sun@gmail.com wrote:

    > I know now. Lesson learned: never try beta from microsoft.

    Then you've learned very much the wrong lesson. It has nothing to do with
    Microsoft. Beta software, regardless of who it's from is unfinished
    software. It *always* has problems, and often severe problems.That's why
    it's beta.

    If it were debugged software, it would already be released, not beta. This
    is why beta software shouldn't be run on production machines. If you're not
    willing to take the risk of a screwup bad enough that you have to reformat
    and relaod the operating system, you
    shouldn't run the beta.

    --
    Ken Blake