I am currently using a Dell Laptop with a powered USB Hub. Plugged into the
hub I have a Intelli optical wheel mouse, the Dell Floppy disc drive and the
original 40GB hard drive that came with the laptop.

I am dual booting Windows XP Professional and SuSE Professional 9.3 from the
internal hard drive and using the USB drive for storage (formatted as FAT32
so that both OS 's can see it).

The problem is that whenever I boot into Windows I have to unplug the Hard
drive from the USB Hub and plug it back in before Windows will recognise it.
Once I have done this there is no problem with using the device.

Regards,

Terry.
Is there any way I can stop this anoying little feature?

=?Utf-8?B?enpudzRt?= wrote:

> The problem is that whenever I boot into Windows I have to unplug the Hard
> drive from the USB Hub and plug it back in before Windows will recognise it.
> Once I have done this there is no problem with using the device.

One might try plugging it into every port on the hub so windows can see
it in every port. Or, it's possible that you may be better off not using
the hub for the HDD and just use the USB port on the pC.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

I don't move things around on the hub so I can't see why plugging it in on a
different port would make any difference.

Sorry can't put it directly onto the laptop's USB port. Because it's a
laptop there's only a certain amount of power available on the USB ports.
That's why I'm using the powered hub.