Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)
"no1 dummie" <no1 firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message news:6297D81D-F311-4A03-BF81-D3A938940271@microsoft.com...
| my games close down into task bar . sometimes i just click it then it opens
| up and works ok now when i plat fifa2005 it freezes my game no joy eh please
| help any ideas
Here are some solutions (and workarounds) to deal with the problem where games minimize to the Task Bar.
1. Install and/or play the game using an administrator account.
2. Keyboard software has been known to cause this problem. One player
posted that by un-installing their Trust Silverline Direct Access keyboard
software, all their games worked again without minimizing to the Task Bar.
3. Norton's AntiVirus (Internet Security) can cause the problem as well. The
workaround is to disable the program. To do so, right click it's Tray icon.
One person wrote: "I just went to the Norton Anti-virus options, and turned
off the Liveupdate auto update option. It worked like a charm for me."
4. One person wrote: "I finally found that if I open the command line, cd to
the directory, then type the program name, it works!!!"
5. Yet another workaround is to click the screen after you launch the game.
If the problem persists, please try these additional troubleshooting steps. :-)
The most common causes for that problem can be solved with
these few steps. If the problem persists after you've tried these,
please post back and we'll try some more solutions. Good luck! :-)