Anyone tried the new Dimension 5000 ?

"Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is it noisy ?

Please define what /you/ mean by noisy. With the range in ages
and levels of high-frequency hearing loss that certainly exist
amongst all users of computers as well as the denizens of
a.s.p-c.d, what is noisy as a brass band to one person can be
quiet as a church mouse to another.
--
OJ III

Ogden Johnson III wrote:
> "Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is it noisy ?
>

> Please define what /you/ mean by noisy. With the range in ages
> and levels of high-frequency hearing loss that certainly exist
> amongst all users of computers as well as the denizens of
> a.s.p-c.d, what is noisy as a brass band to one person can be
> quiet as a church mouse to another.

Not very quantitative, but the Intel BTX standard (used in the 5000)
is intended to reduce system noise while improving cooling by having a
more inline airflow rather than blowing air around corners. Ironically
the design places the case fan at the front, and vents at the front as
well (works better when in an enclosure), so the design requires special
attention to sound baffling.

In any event, the 5000 looks like a very good design, and is tool-free
like the high end Dell systems. It's certainly a better purchase than
the 4700 it will replace. Now wait for Dell to announce the "9000" :)

Where can I find information on the Dell 5000?
Checked out the website, but my eyes can't seem to find it.