compaq model number help

Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
seems to work fine.

There is no small decal strip with Compaq model and serial number info on it?
The strip is usually transparent and maybe 1/8" wide x 2" long, or thereabouts.

.... Ben Myers

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:46:08 -0800, ezriderman@webtv.net (Earl) wrote:

>Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
>computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
>there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
>seems to work fine.

hh

If it came with Win 98SE, it's a lot older than 1 year.
HH

"Earl" <ezriderman@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Just got a Compaq deskpro, has windows 98 se. Have gone to start and my
> computer, looked all over the tower but can not fine a model number. Is
> there a way to fine out ?. Have no books on it, it's 1 years old but
> seems to work fine.

I should have said 10 years old. But just found a site that sells ram
that had a tool thats scans computer for what it is and runs. It's a
compaq deskpro EP/SB made 08/18/99. Now maybe i can get more ram for
it. Thanks for help.

>I should have said 10 years old. But just found a site that sells
>ram
> that had a tool thats scans computer for what it is and runs. It's
> compaq deskpro EP/SB made 08/18/99. Now maybe i can get more ram
> for
> it. Thanks for help.

That's five years and not ten years.

--