gilgamesh

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004

To make its copy Second Copy 2000 asks for a "source folder" and a
"destination folder." This seems to rule out burning the copy directly to a
blank CD.

Thanks

You're right. It will only copy to a drive that is recognized by the
system, but it won't burn to that drive.

gilgamesh

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004

I have a CD-RW drive. What's the difference between "copy to a drive" and
"burn to that drive" To date I have been unable to make any use of Second
Copy.

"gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To make its copy Second Copy 2000 asks for a "source folder" and a
> "destination folder." This seems to rule out burning the copy directly to
> blank CD.
>
> Thanks

I just ran a trial new profile and it burned to a DVD RW without any
problem.

I'm running XP PRO on a P4 desktop.

Malke

gilgamesh wrote:

> I have a CD-RW drive. What's the difference between "copy to a drive"
> and "burn to that drive" To date I have been unable to make any use of
> Second Copy.
>
> "The Cuddly Curmudgeon" wrote:
>
>> You're right. It will only copy to a drive that is recognized by the
>> system, but it won't burn to that drive.

"Copy to a drive" means to copy files to a storage device such as a hard
drive. "Burn to a drive" means to burn directly to a cd-r or cd-rw,
bypassing any copying of files to the hard drive. There was a post
recently stating that someone successfully used SecondCopy to burn
directly to dvd. I have never done this. When I set up SecondCopy for
my clients, I funnel everything SC is set to copy (via Profiles) to one
folder on a second hard drive that I usually name something like
"Backup". Then the client only has to put in a blank cd-r or dvd-r,
start the burning software (like Nero) and burn that one folder.

SecondCopy is quite easy to use, but if you are having difficulties with
it you should contact their tech support. You paid for the program, so
you are entitled to some support. Here's a link to their support pages.
They have FAQ's, Tips & Tricks, and a way to contact them with
questions.

http://www.centered.com/support.html

Malke
--