Sign in with
Your question

Mouse Left button become right?!

Last response: in Windows 7
November 6, 2012 11:48:49 PM

Hello everyone, recently I've got an issue with my comp, my mouse left button becomes a right click and right button stays the same, I've searched for some solutions but have found nothing so far. I've reformatted my PC twice and the problem still persist, my mouse is Armaggeddon's Alien G9, I've tried it on another PC and it works fine, even after reformatting my PC the mouse left click would cease to work and would Right Click.

I've checked in the Control panel to make sure that the primary keys haven't been switched!

Have anyone encountered this problem? Any solutions is appreciated! Thanks in Advance!

P.S: Recently I've been playing World Of Warcraft, and is wondering if AddOns could be the cause, but this have been never heard of as the problem just appeared recently, but I've been playing for a month already, it appeared like 3 days ago :/ 

More about : mouse left button

a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:31:15 AM

Most mice these days contain some amount of memory and the settings that are programed can be retained by the mouse's synapse memory. To get rid of the saved setting you will have to go into the mouse control panel and remove all settings and restore defaults.
November 7, 2012 4:06:15 AM

Hi Thanks for the information, I shall try that as soon as I'm home from work ! :D 
Related resources
November 7, 2012 10:02:35 AM

inzone said:
Most mice these days contain some amount of memory and the settings that are programed can be retained by the mouse's synapse memory. To get rid of the saved setting you will have to go into the mouse control panel and remove all settings and restore defaults.

Tried it, still doesnt works :(  , the mouse works fine after start up for as long as 15 to 30 mins, and starts to bug, but it doesnt seems that the right click becomes left click, looks like it clicks simutaneously :??:  thus the left button left click and right click at the same time, and its the same for the both mouse buttons left and right :cry: 
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:24:50 PM

I would have to say that the mouse may be defective and with reformating the Windows OS and clearing the memory on the mouse I don't see what else you can do. You may have to try and do a RMA and return it for a new one.
Are the two buttons actually clicking at the same time physicaly , if that is the case then I wonder if something is stuck inside that is causing that. Again it could also be a defect.
!