Windows Explorer drag and drop to burn to a DVD?

Using XP Prof, I have used Windows Explorer to drag and drop files to burn
to a CD for years now. I now have a single Hewlett Packard CD/DVD burner
combo. Now when I put in a DVD it still says CD and when I try to burn using
Explorer everything still says CD instead of DVD.

Do I have to have speacial software to burn to DVD?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer drag drop burn

    Yes.

    With most DVD combos Nero or Roxio software is usually bundled. If not
    you'll have to beg, steal or buy some.

    "Cole" <c@noway.com> wrote in message
    > Using XP Prof, I have used Windows Explorer to drag and drop files to burn
    > to a CD for years now. I now have a single Hewlett Packard CD/DVD burner
    > combo. Now when I put in a DVD it still says CD and when I try to burn
    > using Explorer everything still says CD instead of DVD.
    >
    > Do I have to have speacial software to burn to DVD?

Windows Explorer DVD Burner CD-Rom Windows XP