Windows Explorer drag and drop to burn to a DVD?

cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Using XP Prof, I have used Windows Explorer to drag and drop files to burn
to a CD for years now. I now have a single Hewlett Packard CD/DVD burner
combo. Now when I put in a DVD it still says CD and when I try to burn using
Explorer everything still says CD instead of DVD.

Do I have to have speacial software to burn to DVD?

Yes.

With most DVD combos Nero or Roxio software is usually bundled. If not
you'll have to beg, steal or buy some.