Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Searching for the perfect sized gaming lcd monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 26, 2010 1:18:00 AM

The title to this thread pretty much says it all. I an currently looking into purchasing a new monitor for my gaming rig and I have been thinking about getting a particular 28 inch monitor. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions regarding what they think is the "perfect" sized monitor and what are some attributes that should be noted in finding a monitor with decent quality. My budget is around $300 bucks, so if anyone has some badass ideas for a $300 dollar monitor, I would absolutely love to hear them. The only negative factor I am thinking about is that, is a 28inch monitor just too big to consistantly game on? Am I going to lose 35% of my vision within 15 months of gaming? I am just sort of wondering if that is just TOO freaking bright. Well anyways, if you have any comments or ideas, just drop them below. I serious, I don't care what you have to say...just say it! Anything you can think of, I would love someone's opinion. Thanks
July 29, 2010 8:48:31 PM

im in the same position as you. looking for a bigger monitor.

Firstly, what graphics card do you have?

im not sure how good a bigger monitor is for your vision but im looking into buying this one;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

great reviews, big, better contrast ratio than most big screens in this price range. little bit over your budget though.

also i currently have the 22" little brother to this and its awesome, it has tv tuner built in so it can be used as monitor, console gaming and TV!!

If you just want a great looking monitor at around 23"/24" I would consider IPS panels for better colour although the MS is usually lower.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 2, 2010 6:58:19 AM

If you are gaming from a distance of 2 ft. or less, you are better of getting a display extending a maximum to 24 in. to reduce eye strain and ensure maximum view ability.. Of course this also depends on the amount of hours you put on your continuous gaming sessions and other purposes meant with your pc..
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 195 C Monitor
August 2, 2010 3:17:09 PM

I game on a 26" monitor (actually 25.5") and I find that to be a good size since I'm about 20" - 22" from my screen. No too big where I need turn my head to view something outside of my immediate viewing range.

August 12, 2010 12:11:38 AM

Best answer selected by scorpian61.
m
l
August 12, 2010 12:11:57 AM

Well, I appreciate everyone's reply. Thanks a ton!
m
l
!