Can I use both inputs to my Dell UltraSharp 1504FP?

Gene

I'd like to use my Dell 1504FP monitor for 2 different computers; my
SX270 is connected to the DVI port and I'd like to connect the
Precision 330WS to the VGA port. I don't believe I can use a KVM
because they work for VGA's only, and they are expensive. Besides, I
don't plan on using both computers at one time. TIA

Gene wrote:
> I'd like to use my Dell 1504FP monitor for 2 different computers; my
> SX270 is connected to the DVI port and I'd like to connect the
> Precision 330WS to the VGA port.

This will work just fine

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Check if there's a front panel button that switches between video inputs. If
so you're in business. You can also use a KVM box, just get a VGA/DVI
adapter and you'll be set. The 2 computer KVMs can be had for about $40
mailorder.

I've been doing this for quite a while on my 1901FP. Works great, and as
you've noted, I don't use both PCs at the same time either.