TECH:Extra wires on a 76 GTB or what?

Just picked up a 76 GTB Surf Champ. Picked up the playfield and
attached to the right side of the cabinet was a WICO card with a
speaker attached to it. Okay. It had its own power cord and the card
(board) was wired to the: total play meter, tilt mech, and four
different coils. So of course, I removed all this stuff to get the
game back to its original shape. Played a couple of games...everything
seems to work OK. Then I noticed two cleanly cut wires. They look
like they connect to the Z2 relay (I'm not that good with schematics
yet).

My question is, should I be really anal and try to find out where these
wires go, or should I just keep playing this game and investigate
furthur when things don't seem to work correctly?

Or, could these just be "extra wires"?

Thanks guys.

Mike

My '75 Bow and Arrow also has extra wires. Thought I bought a machine
w/ about 10 cut wires, but everything works fine. They used the same
wire harness for several machines and some machines didn't use all the
wires.. If it's working ok they must be extra wires.

Chas

Bally seemed to do this a lot, but not Gottlieb.
The wires may have gone to the hold relay or something else that
has been bypassed. PS, Mike, haven't done a dang thing with the "Sheriff" yet!
JR