Programs Display

When I go from start to Programs, it displays all programs. Is there a way to
minimize the number programs displayed?
--
Michael
3 answers Last reply

    Other than not having them show???
    try to create folders and then place the apropriate programs inside.As an
    example and AUDIO folder that contains all programs related to audio.You can
    do this by right clicking the start bar/explore all users...........drill
    down to your user name /start menu/programs.........then click
    file/new/folder..........give the folder a name and enter.
    now drag and drop the shortcuts into the folder.Repeat as often as
    necesary.There are also certain shortcuts that do not need to be
    there....readme....license....release notes....
    peterk

    "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I go from start to Programs, it displays all programs. Is there a way
    > minimize the number programs displayed?
    > --
    > Michael

    Thanks,
    I thought I saw somewhere you could set the display to the last (user
    defined)programs opened. But your idea is good.

    Thanks
    --
    Michael

    "peterk" wrote:

    > Other than not having them show???
    > try to create folders and then place the apropriate programs inside.As an
    > example and AUDIO folder that contains all programs related to audio.You can
    > do this by right clicking the start bar/explore all users...........drill
    > down to your user name /start menu/programs.........then click
    > file/new/folder..........give the folder a name and enter.
    > now drag and drop the shortcuts into the folder.Repeat as often as
    > necesary.There are also certain shortcuts that do not need to be
    > there....readme....license....release notes....
    > peterk
    >

    > --
    > Never trust a computer you can't throw out the window. - Steve Wozniak
    > "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > When I go from start to Programs, it displays all programs. Is there a way
    > > minimize the number programs displayed?
    > > --
    > > Michael

    The other option is the irritating 'use personalized menus': rightclick
    on your taskbar (a clear area of it), click 'properties', on the 'start
    menu' tab, click the 'customize' button and check the 'use personalized
    menus' checkbox. Now, windows will only show the most used items, much
    like the default setting for Word menu items. Might be what you meant.

Microsoft Displays Windows XP