I abused the desktop icon somehow because now when clicking, instead of
jumping to the desktop, I get a window showing all the icons I have on the
desktop. How to I correct this i.e. have the icon take me to the desktop
instead of opening a window?

Thanks,

Fred

"Frederick Cole" <forcex@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>I abused the desktop icon somehow because now when clicking, instead of
>jumping to the desktop, I get a window showing all the icons I have on the
>desktop. How to I correct this i.e. have the icon take me to the desktop
>instead of opening a window?

Open Notepad and paste the following lines into it:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the file as "ShowDesktop.scf" (make sure you include the quotes in the
save dialog) and copy it to your quick launch bar.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

kelly

Hi Fred,

Automated Edit:

Restore/Add Show Desktop to Quick Launch (Line 61) Right hand side

Or go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Frederick Cole" <forcex@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>I abused the desktop icon somehow because now when clicking, instead of
>jumping to the desktop, I get a window showing all the icons I have on the
>desktop. How to I correct this i.e. have the icon take me to the desktop
>instead of opening a window?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

TRENDING THREADS