Sign in with
Your question

Boost Pc start up speed

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:25:32 AM

Hello,
pLs Tell Me How To Boost Up my Dell Laptop Win 7 Start up Speed I have core i5 with 6GB Ram Till it requires 2 Min. to start

More about : boost start speed

a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:35:45 AM

Do you have a SSD for your hard drive ? If you can get into the bios there is sometimes an option to do quick boot but with a Dell your options are limited and you may not be able to get into the bios.
If you don't have a SSD for a hard drive then changing to one will give you a speed boost in loading . The problem is that you would have to get a good sized SSD because in a laptop you don't have room for more hard drives.
m
l
November 7, 2012 1:40:11 AM

Many laptops have room for SSDs in one way or another while still having room for an HDD.

This is the first that I've ever heard of a computer, OEM or otherwise, that you couldn't enter the BIOS of.

OP, if you have a hard drive, then things that you can do to speed it up a little include permanently deleting stuff that you don't need/want anymore, uninstalling unnecessary programs that aren't used anymore, defragmenting your hard drive, and making sure that you don't have malware issues and/or ridiculous amounts of stuff that runs at start up.
m
l
!