TZ Issues

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

Hello,
I just finished shopping my TZ and changing out all the broken parts.
I put it back together and it powered up and worked with a few
exceptions:

Error message, check left flipper eos (however flipper works fine in
play and works fine in test modes)

Error message clock is broken (I installed a new clock board that was
tested in another TZ and works fine) In the test mode the 45 minute
opto isn't registering.

Lastly the game sometimes resets when one or both flippers are
activated when playing. So I turned off the machine and removed the
fliptronics board (unplugged the machine first) and tested the Bridge
Rectifier. It is bad and I will replace it.

Here is the real problem though. I reinstalled the fliptronics board
to work on the other issues. I plugged in the machine and turned on
the power and nothing! Absolutely zero juice to the machine! What the
hell have I done?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

I just fixed a problem with my TZ, make sure you check the wires going
into the connector plug, if they are not making full contact, that can
cause that issue.

Check your fuses, that could be why nothing is powering on, you might
have shorted one out.

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

Thanks for the responses guys.

Well I found out the power problem. One of the wires from the main
power supply was ripped from the socket. I believe my rowdy kitten may
have climbed in the cabinet while I was working with the flipper board
and tore it out. I replaced it and power is back.

As for the flippers the the points look good and the EOS registers on
all four during the tests. I will probably resolder the wires on the
lower left flipper as they look a bit weak.

As for the clock it is strange. It will work sometimes and not work
sometimes. When the playfield is moved up or down it will go between
working or not working. Must be a loose wire somewhere. Guess I will
just have to do some investigating. It would help if I knew a bit more
about electronics. I am on a learn as you go basis! Thanks again.

Thanks again

Power off, be sure you don't have a ribbon cable screwed up, red stripe pin
one each end, be sure you aren't off a row on the pins. Power off, remove
fuses and check with an ohm meter. Be sure you didn't miss any connectors on
the boards, and they are in the right spots facing the right way.

EOS- flipper will work fine, check all the EOS points on all the flippers
and find the broken wire. Switch edge test, swhing the flipper up and down
and see if the EOS works.

If clock boards are good, connectors to them are good, remember the optos
are part of your switch matrix, a broken wire at a switch can kill other
switches. Check the millions target in the upper center of the playfield,
there are two white wires ( purple stripe I think ) if one is broken off you
lose some optos. LTG :)

"JDix" <jennystiger@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I just finished shopping my TZ and changing out all the broken parts.
> I put it back together and it powered up and worked with a few
> exceptions:
>
> Error message, check left flipper eos (however flipper works fine in
> play and works fine in test modes)
>
> Error message clock is broken (I installed a new clock board that was
> tested in another TZ and works fine) In the test mode the 45 minute
> opto isn't registering.
>
> Lastly the game sometimes resets when one or both flippers are
> activated when playing. So I turned off the machine and removed the
> fliptronics board (unplugged the machine first) and tested the Bridge
> Rectifier. It is bad and I will replace it.
>
> Here is the real problem though. I reinstalled the fliptronics board
> to work on the other issues. I plugged in the machine and turned on
> the power and nothing! Absolutely zero juice to the machine! What the
> hell have I done?
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

The connectors on the bottom of the clock can be a problem. The wires
sometimes come
loose and make intermittent contact.

--

Rob

> Thanks for the responses guys.
>
> Well I found out the power problem. One of the wires from the main
> power supply was ripped from the socket. I believe my rowdy kitten may
> have climbed in the cabinet while I was working with the flipper board
> and tore it out. I replaced it and power is back.
>
> As for the flippers the the points look good and the EOS registers on
> all four during the tests. I will probably resolder the wires on the
> lower left flipper as they look a bit weak.
>
> As for the clock it is strange. It will work sometimes and not work
> sometimes. When the playfield is moved up or down it will go between
> working or not working. Must be a loose wire somewhere. Guess I will
> just have to do some investigating. It would help if I knew a bit more
> about electronics. I am on a learn as you go basis! Thanks again.
>
> Thanks again

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Check the hands.

They have to be oriented/bent just right so that they interupt the optos.

Otto

CARGPB11