system restore

August 26, 2005 12:59:10 AM

I can NOT get my system restore to work. It keeps saying not enough space,
which I dont understand since I have over 3/4 of my space left. Any
suggestions, I would be very grateful. I keep my computer updated.

More about : system restore

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:59:11 AM

If you are SURE that you have enough disk space: Right click your My Computer desktop
icon, left click Properties, click the System Restore tab, click to put a checkmark in the
box to the left of: Turn Off System Restore. Click the Apply and OK buttons. Then reboot
your system and go back to the same place as above and enable System Restore again. Then
reboot and try to create a Restore Point.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"tricia56" <tricia56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can NOT get my system restore to work. It keeps saying not enough space,
> which I dont understand since I have over 3/4 of my space left. Any
> suggestions, I would be very grateful. I keep my computer updated.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:29:12 PM

Hi,

This message appears if ANY monitored drive/partition is low on free disk space. I would
suggest stopping System Restore from monitoring any drive/partition other than the one
Windows is installed on.

How to disable a monitored drive
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/body_drivedisable.html

--