Sign in with
Your question

Is my Computer no good?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 7, 2012 1:46:49 AM

Ok so about 2 weeks ago i had a really bad episode with my computer. I think it got too hot and started acting up. It froze and i got a blue screen. Then when i turned it back on windows 7 wouldn't start up, i had a black screen saying something along "no loader," i think. After that i unplugged everything and left it to sit and cool down over night. I hooked it back up in the morning and it was working fine but it was making a really weird noise so i had figured the fan was making the noise so i bought some pressurized air, cleaned it and the noise was gone. But ever since then my computer has been freezing more often if i do too many things at once. It has a really hard time installing something and doing anything else at the same time, but before i did not have that problem. Should i toss my computer?

More about : computer good

a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:01:25 AM

How old is this computer ? Can you list the spec's of the computer including the power supply and is it laptop or desktop ? If the computer is fairly new and it's a desktop then you could try to find out if something overheated and maybe it would be worth replacing.
m
l
November 7, 2012 2:06:03 AM

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Vostro 220 Series
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 2795 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.1.4, 4/17/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.98 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.73 GB
Page File Space 3.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Not a computer genius at all so i just copied and paste everything. It's not new it's about 3-4 years old maybe more
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 7, 2012 2:14:39 AM

So it's a Dell and I have actually heard that sound you have described because a family member had one and it made that nooise that you described and a cleanout of the heatsink fan made a difference.
m
l
!