Using Dial-Up connection in Guest account

Hi,
I am using Windows XP Pro with NTFS partition. I have two accounts set on my
computer. One with administrator privileges (password protected) and a Guest
account. I want to grant access to the Internet through my Dial-Up connection
for the users logged on as guest users. Therefore I chose the option: "Save
this username... for Anyone who uses this computer". But the dial-up
connection appears inactive in Guest account. When one tries to connect,
nothing happens.
Any idea how to fix this problem?
Thank you,

Avetis

Try this.
--
Ron Sommer

Keep Ras Connection within Fast User Switching (Line 32)
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Avetis" <Avetis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using Windows XP Pro with NTFS partition. I have two accounts set on
> my
> computer. One with administrator privileges (password protected) and a
> Guest
> account. I want to grant access to the Internet through my Dial-Up
> connection
> for the users logged on as guest users. Therefore I chose the option:
> "Save
> this username... for Anyone who uses this computer". But the dial-up
> connection appears inactive in Guest account. When one tries to connect,
> nothing happens.
> Any idea how to fix this problem?
> Thank you,
>
> Avetis

Note: With this hack, you must log on with an account that can access the dial up connection, then use Fast User Switching to switch to the Guest account. You should also be able to log off of the account used to dial up and log in on the Guest account.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:%231%23V$7iqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Try this.
> --
> Ron Sommer
>
> Keep Ras Connection within Fast User Switching (Line 32)
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Avetis" <Avetis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am using Windows XP Pro with NTFS partition. I have two accounts set on
>> my
>> computer. One with administrator privileges (password protected) and a
>> Guest
>> account. I want to grant access to the Internet through my Dial-Up
>> connection
>> for the users logged on as guest users. Therefore I chose the option:
>> "Save
>> this username... for Anyone who uses this computer". But the dial-up
>> connection appears inactive in Guest account. When one tries to connect,
>> nothing happens.
>> Any idea how to fix this problem?
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Avetis

Thank you both,
But it appears to be a partial solution. Is there any possibility to dial
directly from the guest account, without need to log in as Administrator then
switch to guest account?

Thanks in advance,

Avetis

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Note: With this hack, you must log on with an account that can access the dial up connection, then use Fast User Switching to switch to the Guest account. You should also be able to log off of the account used to dial up and log in on the Guest account.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:%231%23V$7iqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Try this.
> > --
> > Ron Sommer
> >
> > Keep Ras Connection within Fast User Switching (Line 32)
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> > --
> > All the Best,
> > Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >
> > Troubleshooting Windows XP
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> >

> > "Avetis" <Avetis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> I am using Windows XP Pro with NTFS partition. I have two accounts set on
> >> my
> >> computer. One with administrator privileges (password protected) and a
> >> Guest
> >> account. I want to grant access to the Internet through my Dial-Up
> >> connection
> >> for the users logged on as guest users. Therefore I chose the option:
> >> "Save
> >> this username... for Anyone who uses this computer". But the dial-up
> >> connection appears inactive in Guest account. When one tries to connect,
> >> nothing happens.
> >> Any idea how to fix this problem?
> >> Thank you,
> >>
> >> Avetis