Sharing files and folders on local network

mikej101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

When I right click on a file or folder the menu shows the item sharing and
security - if I then left click the item - nothing happens - why? I can set
sharing by disabling simple sharing and then using computer management
console - but I would like the simple sharing to work - is there something
missing from the system? It did work OK but now does not. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Gordon

Mikej101 wrote:
> When I right click on a file or folder the menu shows the item sharing and
> security - if I then left click the item - nothing happens - why?

Are you single clicking or double clicking?

mikej101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

I think thats a silly question but answer is 'single' click on the Sharing
and Security item and nothing happens - no window appears allowing me to set
sharing - is that helpfull? I should change my name to Baffled cos that's
what I am.