Sharing files and folders on local network

When I right click on a file or folder the menu shows the item sharing and
security - if I then left click the item - nothing happens - why? I can set
sharing by disabling simple sharing and then using computer management
console - but I would like the simple sharing to work - is there something
missing from the system? It did work OK but now does not. Any advice would be
appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about sharing files folders local network

    Mikej101 wrote:
    > When I right click on a file or folder the menu shows the item sharing and
    > security - if I then left click the item - nothing happens - why?

    Are you single clicking or double clicking?

    I think thats a silly question but answer is 'single' click on the Sharing
    and Security item and nothing happens - no window appears allowing me to set
    sharing - is that helpfull? I should change my name to Baffled cos that's
    what I am.

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > Mikej101 wrote:
    > > When I right click on a file or folder the menu shows the item sharing and
    > > security - if I then left click the item - nothing happens - why?
    >
    > Are you single clicking or double clicking?

Microsoft Windows XP