Please help!

Many thanks,

Tim

timothy at infonie.fr

Two possibilities come to mind.

The DIMM is ECC, or registered, or buffered. The motherboard requires
non-parity (no ECC), unregistered, unbuffered garden-variety DIMMs.

The DIMM uses high-density memory chips, which are not compatible with the
chipset on the motherboard. Count the chips mounted on the DIMM. There should
be 16, and even with 16 chips, there is the possibility they could be high
density... Ben Myers

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:19:26 +0100, "timothy stapleton" <nospam@spamfree.fr>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I can't seem to add memory to my PC, I'm trying to add 256K to my HP
>Pavilion 6715 model, but it doesn't recognise it. I'm using a Samsung SDRAM,
>100MHz, but have also previously tied other manufacturers without success.
>The PC currently has 64 K + 128K installed, and I want to replace the 64
>module with the 256K one.
>
>I've tried all combinations without success. The docs say the PC can accept
>2 x 256K, so what am I doing wrong??
>
>Please help!
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Tim
>
>timothy at infonie.fr

br549

As Ben stated, you probably have a hi density stick that you are trying and
your motherboard won't recognize it. Ran into the same problem on an
emachine. Both emachine and crucial.com stated the max memory was 256mb (2
128mb modules) but I found 2 double sided 256mb sticks and it's been working
fine with 512mb total for over 2 years now.

timothy at infonie.fr